Synonym: fanatic, fanatical, overzealous. Similar words: abide, bid, forbid, morbidity, grab, Arab, rabbit, bearable. Meaning: ['ræbɪd] adj. 1. of or infected by rabies 2. marked by excessive enthusiasm for and intense devotion to a cause or idea.
Random good picture Not show
1. The party has distanced itself from the more rabid nationalist groups in the country.
2. Even the survey's most rabid critics acknowledge the utility of this kind of data.
3. Stephenson drew huge, rabid crowds on his barnstorming tours of the Indiana countryside.
4. The more rabid federalists became impatient with procedural delays and wanted to effect a return to the federal system at once.
5. Neither event was marked by screaming headlines or rabid editorials.
6. As the media went rabid with outrage, a for and against Manson/Family industry began to boom.
7. A rabid dog may froth at the mouth.
8. A rabid dog may froth AT the mouth.
9. A rabid dog bit him.
10. We cannot afford to let blind ideology and rabid partisanship threaten sensible economic policy.
11. Rex made a rabid speech in the House of Commons.
12. the rabid tabloid press.
13. Only the heel-clicking and rabid younger officers wanted to continue, and even they were heartsick .
14. Only the heel and rabid younger officers wanted to continue, and even they were heartsick.
15. Note to rabid Simon and Garfunkel fans: There is an entire chapter on her relationship with Paul. And a pic or two.
16. The attack is believed to have been carried out by a group of rabid anti-semites.
17. The little man would trot around, mumbling contentedly, reenacting heroic skirmishes with rabid Orks in cramped subterranean Squattish strongholds.
18. Raccoons no longer trapped for their fur, have invaded suburbia around Washington and a few have recently been found to be rabid.
19. It claimed that the streets of Paris were overrun with rabid dogs and plagued by crime.
20. Sometimes genuine letters are offered without the vital signature, some rabid autograph hunter having removed it at some period.
21. In the subsequent furore, I nearly lost my Leeds shirt to a rabid band of Man U supporting women.
22. So why are some fellow Republicans acting as if Bush were a rabid armadillo?
23. Major Arnold was greatly exercised over the possibility that Theodore might be rabid.
24. Miguel pushed him back because Spider charged him, wanted to walk right through him, eyes large and rabid.
25. In Maharashtra, for example, it has adopted a less rabid brand of nativism than Shiv Sena's.
25. Wish you can benefit from our online sentence dictionary and make progress day by day!
26. Black Sea of red crystal, Highborne relics, corruption bears a strange, rabid thistle bears 1, 2.
27. That breakout has cleaned out stops placed by bulls and sucked the most rabid bears shorted.
28. Permits for further demonstrations were reportedly being denied and websites purged of their more rabid content.
29. You will be in charge of a band of rabid mutant fiddle players.
30. This time it was to avoid a pack of rabid humans racing toward the truck.
More similar words: abide, bid, forbid, morbidity, grab, Arab, rabbit, bearable, favorable, comparable, cabin, vulnerable, preferable, a bit of, ability, a bit of a, cabinet, habitat, considerably, considerable, a big shot, a big deal, stability, liability, capability, disability, reliability, availability, accountability, rehabilitation.