Synonym: period, term, time. Similar words: inauguration, acculturation, configuration, ratification, gratification, rational, operation, naturalization. Meaning: [djʊə'reɪʃn] n. 1. the period of time during which something continues 2. the property of enduring or continuing in time 3. continuance in time.
Random good picture Not show
1. They were incarcerated for the duration of the war.
2. The course is of three years' duration.
3. I'm stuck here for the duration.
4. Many foreigners were interned for the duration of the war.
5. We took four trains, and the overall duration of the journey was 72 hours.
5. Wish you can benefit from sentencedict.com and make progress everyday!
6. He will be in the hospital for the duration of the school year.
7. She stayed there for the duration of the journey.
8. He planned a stay of two years' duration.
9. Courses are of two years' duration.
10. The next contract will be of shorter duration.
11. A freeholder may grant a lease of any duration.
12. This continued throughout the duration of their marriage.
13. We hope the war will be short duration.
14. No vacations for the duration.
15. She expatiated on/upon her work for the duration of the meal.
16. The package includes cycle hire for the duration of your holiday.
17. The principal issues in dispute concern the duration of the future treaty.
18. It's not the duration of his absences from work so much as the frequency that worries me.
19. The relationship is of long duration and is asymmetrical.
20. The blindness, however, was of short duration.
21. Duration is a linear approximation to the present-value profile.
22. His insomnia continued for the duration of his depression.
23. He was given the task of protecting her for the duration of the trial.
24. The building was requisitioned as a military hospital for the duration of the war.
25. Let's hope the gunmen will hold off for the duration of the cease - fire .
26. I suppose we're stuck with each other for the duration .
27. Almost all workers heeded a call by the trade unions to stay at home for the duration of the strike.
28. The students of the geological class will be out on field exploration for the duration of the school year.
29. His wounds knocked him out of combat for the duration.
30. The school was used as a hospital for the duration of the war.
More similar words: inauguration, acculturation, configuration, ratification, gratification, rational, operation, naturalization, migration, aberration, aspiration, irrational, reparation, AND operation, separation, alliteration, celebration, exasperation, immigration, rationalize, frustration, restoration, inspiration, integration, corporation, exploration, registration, exhilaration, concentration, generation gap.