Synonym: thesis. Similar words: transportation, annotation, agitation, denotation, reservation, observation, limitation, connotation. Meaning: [‚dɪsə'teɪʃn] n. a treatise advancing a new point of view resulting from research; usually a requirement for an advanced academic degree.
Random good picture Not show
1. Students can either do a dissertation or take part in a practical project.
2. Ann did her dissertation on Baudelaire.
3. He wrote his Master's dissertation on rats.
4. I'm working my notes up into a dissertation.
5. Turn in your dissertation next month.
6. He is currently writing a dissertation on the Somali civil war.
7. Candidates are required to present a dissertation of between 8,000 and 12,000 words.
8. Coursework and project assessment, written examinations and dissertation.
9. His doctoral dissertation was entitled History, Historians and Poetry?
10. Some Diplomas also require submission of a dissertation.
11. The practical project is examined by written dissertation.
12. Assessment is by written examination and dissertation.
13. His dissertation on feline neural disorders would waIt.
14. Hasse wrote his doctoral dissertation on ragtime music.
15. His dissertation contained many plagiarisms.
16. Did you have to cut your dissertation down?
17. If they wish, students can do an optional dissertation, and pick up word-processing and other computer skills.
18. A Research Dissertation which is late may result in your being unable to graduate for a further year.
19. Limitations of space preclude a lengthy dissertation on what is a vast subject.
20. I'm supposed to have handed in a first draft of my dissertation.
21. Each student has a supervisor to advise on the writing of the dissertation.
22. Diploma and certificate courses do not normally require the submission of a dissertation.
23. It is laid down that all candidates must submit three copies of their dissertation.
24. This covers matriculation, tuition and one diet of examinations including examination of a postgraduate thesis or dissertation.
25. Minor students have a free choice of final-year units but do not write a dissertation in History.
26. Campbell earned a doctorate from the University of Chicago, where his dissertation dealt with wage differentials between men and women.
27. Composition: a portfolio of original compositions plus either a critical commentary or a dissertation on a related subject.
28. I was personally reminded of it when I was writing my dissertation.
28. Wish you will love sentencedict.com and make progress everyday!
29. The only exception to this happy situation is the case study or historical thesis or dissertation.
30. With this rubbish tip of information she then came to me to ask how she could write it up into a dissertation.
More similar words: transportation, annotation, agitation, denotation, reservation, observation, limitation, connotation, invitation, conservation, perturbation, affectation, orientation, nation-state, delectation, presentation, consultation, certification, precipitation, confrontation, argumentation, assert, implementation, interpretation, rehabilitation, representation, dessert, discrimination, dissent, dissect.