Synonym: antimicrobial, antimicrobic, bactericidal, germicidal, germicide. Similar words: infection, affectation, reluctant, distant, infer, inferno, promising, affect. Meaning: [‚dɪsɪn'fektənt] n. an agent (as heat or radiation or a chemical) that destroys microorganisms that might carry disease. adj. preventing infection by inhibiting the growth or action of microorganisms.
Random good picture Not show
1. Put disinfectant down the toilet to kill any germs.
2. She put some disinfectant on a piece of cotton wool and dabbed it on her cheek.
3. The nurse bathed the wound with disinfectant water.
4. The mats have to be impregnated with disinfectant.
5. Clean the infected area with disinfectant.
6. Anney dabbed the cut with disinfectant and taped a gauze square over it.
7. This type of disinfectant doesn't sting,[sentencedict.com] even if you put it on a fresh cut.
8. There was a smell of disinfectant. Absolute silence.
9. Despite the disadvantages sodium hypochlorite is a valuable disinfectant.
10. Everywhere a strong smell of disinfectant and in the concrete corridors grey mops in galvanized buckets.
11. Get cleaning bucket and powder and disinfectant from the broom cupboard.
12. By combining drying with the use of a disinfectant impregnated cloth in which case the final rinse is also omitted.
13. I can see the disinfectant manufactures rubbing their hands with glee, confident of selling still stronger-smelling concoctions.
14. Once a suitable disinfectant is in use resistance will not occur if it is used correctly.
15. Inside, a faint whiff of disinfectant was almost overpowered by the heavy scent emanating from bowls of blue hyacinths.
16. The taste like disinfectant stronger than he'd ever drunk confirmed it too.
17. To be suitable for food environment application a disinfectant must be odourless, of low mammalian toxicity, non corrosive and non-tainting.
18. At worst the disinfectant is prematurely exhausted, an effect known as organic overload, allowing large numbers of micro-organisms to survive.sentencedict.com/disinfectant.html
19. As I swabbed the table with disinfectant I had the old feeling of helplessness.
20. Please wash the dishes with the soapy water containing disinfectant.
21. If sterile equipment isn't available, the next best thing is to clean equipment with disinfectant.
22. The Licensed Vintners Association, which represents Ireland's publicans, has told members to provide disinfectant for rural pubs.
23. Instruments All instruments should be immersed in either a suitable disinfectant or minimum 5 percent formaldehyde solution as soon as treatment has been completed.
24. In addition, very high concentrations of alcohol can indeed kill cells, which is why it is used as a disinfectant.
25. Wash every item before use, and consider using an aquatic disinfectant on natural items.
26. Red Cross officials say they are running short of disinfectant and sterile bandages.
27. In the kitchen I scoured the cupboards, and poured disinfectant over small black creatures like woodlice.
28. Equally empty once we arrived was the amazingly clean, white-tiled station at Mosholu Parkway, smelling heavily of recently used disinfectant.
29. Wipe the interior of the machine and dry thoroughly with a disinfectant impregnated cloth or disposable paper towel. 4.
30. School, their old home, smelled of powerful floor wax and disinfectant, the smell of patriotism.
More similar words: infection, affectation, reluctant, distant, infer, inferno, promising, affect, effect, surprising, advertising, spectacle, in effect, surprisingly, delectable, spectacular, delectation, respectable, take effect, infant, effectively, affectionate, effectiveness, distance, the greenhouse effect, instant, constant, hesitant, important, instantly.