Synonym: Hell, Inferno, conflagration, hell, hell on earth, hellhole, infernal region, nether region, perdition, pit, snake pit, the pits. Similar words: infer, infection, governor, conference, afternoon, good afternoon, confess, turn on. Meaning: [ɪn'fɜrnəʊ /-'fɜːn-] n. 1. any place of pain and turmoil 2. a very intense and uncontrolled fire 3. (Christianity) the abode of Satan and the forces of evil; where sinners suffer eternal punishment.
Random good picture Not show
1. Within minutes the house had become a raging inferno.
2. The burning building became an inferno.
3. The universe evolved from a densely packed primal inferno.
4. The building was now a raging inferno.
5. The building was an inferno by the time the fire service arrived.
6. She was desperately trying to calm the inferno raging within her.
7. What they saw was a blazing inferno.
8. The gas station was an inferno.
9. Firemen who pulled him from the inferno looked on anxiously as off-duty technician James McDonald tried to revive him.
10. Now it was blazing steadily, promising an out-of-control inferno, unless she came to her senses and stopped it.
11. Verily,(sentencedict.com/inferno.html) the Academy is a raging inferno of inertia and glazed expressions.
12. He rushed back into the inferno to rescue his two-year-old sister, Cora, who had been trapped inside.
13. The leaders turned and rode back to the inferno of a village.
14. The buildings erupted into a towering inferno as the plane, carrying only four people, exploded on impact.
15. In a moment the flight deck is an inferno of aviation fuel.
16. Already the inferno has claimed two lives and gutted several homes.
17. Helicopter crews far above the inferno felt the heat.
18. When the bombing finally stopped, the city looked like Dante's Inferno.
19. Rescue workers fought to get to victims inside the inferno.
20. The place was a blazing, raging , roaring, etc inferno.
21. High winds quickly turned the fire into a deadly inferno.
22. Suddenly the whole of his existence was engulfed in an inferno of blinding blue light.
23. The mine became one of the circles of Dante's Inferno, a London tube, a heaving labyrinth.
24. He had a serious expression on his face and there were no signs that he had just escaped a raging inferno.
25. And if you believe there's no smoke without fire, Sean Young must be a towering inferno.
26. Still chuckling, George led the way back through the glass door into the inferno.
27. Man has to go through his personal exploration and final mastery of his inferno.
28. Whitechapel reminded the poet of a scene from Dante's Inferno.
29. Eleven homes and several businesses were destroyed in the inferno.
30. The prosecution said it was a miracle she did not start an inferno.
More similar words: infer, infection, governor, conference, afternoon, good afternoon, confess, turn on, born of, turn out, turn off, burn out, confession, turn over, confederation, inform, infuse, offer, southern, northern, infant, go in for, in full, in fact, in force, refer, informal, rainfall, differ, prefer.