Random good picture Not show
1. English is an Indo-European dialect.
2. In the fifties, many Italians spoke only local dialect.
3. It was difficult to understand the local dialect.
4. The proportion of the population still speaking the dialect is very small.
5. She speaks a dialect, not the Queen's English.
6. English is a West Germanic dialect.
7. The poem is written in northern dialect.
8. They began to speak rapidly in dialect.
9. The dialect is spoken principally in the rural areas.
10. The people up there speak a Tibetan dialect .
11. He wrote a play in a local dialect.
12. Dialect refers to vocabulary and grammar.
13. At home(http://sentencedict.com), they speak in dialect.
14. The narrator uses the local dialect where necessary.
15. The males could be classified into dialect groups.
16. Only a dialect, a mishmash.
17. Tom Emmett's story is laced with thick Yorkshire dialect.
18. "Nowt" is a northern dialect word meaning "nothing".
19. For example, authors writing in dialect and authors from certain social groups have been under-represented.
20. A dialect is a form of a language, and every form of any language is a dialect of it.
21. Dialect, accent, lexical choice and grammatical structures are all interpreted by speakers and addressees as signifying status.
22. But dialect features are not errors in this sense at all, but are characteristics of a pupil's native language.
23. We all speak the Yorkshire dialect here, but of course you don't understand that.
24. The poem's main interest resides in the use of dialect.
25. In any event, it must be kept in mind that from a linguistic point of view dialect is a theoretical concept.
26. It was a country voice with a soft accent which was an intonation more than a dialect and was hard to place.
27. Especially in large urban areas, a particular linguistic feature of a regional dialect might well be influenced by social factors.
28. However, Trudgill also shows that different speakers may follow different routes towards complete acquisition of a new dialect.
29. It has been shown that there are as many as 10 major regional dialect areas.
30. He just went to the pagoda until he met some one who spoke his dialect.
More similar words: general election, electromagnetic spectrum, dialog, cordial, dialogue, elect, dual economy, select, neglect, elected, elector, deflect, reflect, collect, lecture, electric, election, selected, selection, collector, collection, electronic, reflection, apoplectic, electorate, electrical, delectable, collective, electronics, electricity.