Synonym: barely, hardly, just, scarce. Similar words: parcel, scare, scared, scary, discard, carcinomas, cell, cancel. Meaning: ['skerslɪ /-keəs-] adv. 1. by a small margin 2. almost not.
Random good picture Not show
1. The city had scarcely changed in 20 years.
2. The dog lay so still it scarcely seemed animate.
3. I can scarcely believe it.
4. I could scarcely recognize him.
5. The monumental inscription is scarcely readable.
6. There were scarcely a hundred people present.
7. We scarcely have time for breakfast.
8. There is scarcely enough food.
9. She seemed scarcely to breathe as she lay immobile.
10. There was scarcely a tree left standing after the storm.
11. He could scarcely breathe.
12. He can scarcely survive this scandal with his reputation intact.
13. I was scarcely able to move my arm after the accident.
14. The matter is scarcely worthy of the managing director's time.
15. Seeing such fine weather, the boys could scarcely keep in.
16. We scarcely ever meet.
17. I can scarcely hear.
18. The city centre has scarcely changed in over a century.
19. The lecturer spoke so quietly that he was scarcely audible at the back of the hall.
20. We had scarcely reach the school before it began to rain.
21. In one ad the viewer scarcely sees the car's exterior.
21. Sentencedict.com is a sentence dictionary, on which you can find excellent sentences for a large number of words.
22. Scarcely a week goes by without some new scandal in the papers.
23. He could scarcely suppress a laugh.
24. The difference is scarcely perceptible to the average reader.
25. She scarcely earns enough money to make ends meet.
26. He can scarcely have said so.
27. I could scarcely edge in a word .
28. My object will be, if possible, to form Christian men, for Christian boys Ican scarcely hope to make.
29. His plan was such a success that even his original critics could scarcely forbear from congratulating him.
30. At their best the conditions in these prisons are scarcely tolerable.