Synonym: clique, crowd, family, folk, group, tribe. Similar words: clandestine, clay, class, claim, declare, a class, acclaim, clarify. Meaning: [klæn] n. group of people related by blood or marriage.
Random good picture Not show
1. The rest of the clan thinks the uniform is only fit for a barbarian or a man of the lowest class.
2. The men mustered before their clan chiefs.
3. This clan was potlatched by a neighbouring clan.
4. The whole clan will be here over Christmas.
5. Is/Are the whole clan coming to visit you for Christmas?
6. Below, left to right: Davey Philips of Clan Skates.
7. Dole and his clan up on the hill.
8. Tallis suddenly understood the eerie silence among the clan.
9. Murphy, Jamie, and the rest of the O'Brien clan will be here for Thanksgiving.
10. Clan members compete side by side against other or individuals.
11. Regular exhibitions, including permanent display of tartans and clan insignia.
12. And I belong to the Kakinishisha clan, the sharp claws.
13. In the spring the clan chief's steward came ashore to find the last surviving woman on the rocky shore.
14. And friendship with Clan Diarmaid, that we've been fighting off and on for five generations!
15. Ken's clan didn't take kindly to that and rounded on the woman, who sought some kind of defence.
16. Time was when the Richardson clan could scare this area witless.
17. The Chinese Christians, therefore, practically excommunicate themselves from their own clan.
18. All the children and grandchildren are going to my parents' at Christmas for the annual gathering of the clan.
19. It could only make for bad blood between the Li clan and himself and shatter the age-old ties between their families.
20. Lessard tries to show that the sins of Stanford White cast a moral pall over the White clan.
21. Most people want many sons because they carry on the family line and that means our clan can claim more land.
22. Moua was part of the tiny Hmong intelligentsia,[sentencedict.com] an educated son of a clan elder.
23. He unleashed another murderous war in the 1980s, eliminating more than 800 mobsters until the Corleone clan was dominant.
24. Only a small minority broke through the restrictive moulds of clan traditions.
25. He had been turned away from the door of a local clan chief and needed a place to spend the night.
26. It will probably also have to cooperate with the presidential clan and certainly will need military and Republican Guard support.
27. Tell him we will go upriver, to the Cheng clan in the Su Sung Tai.
28. My own family was at once strongly nuclear and part of what can only be called a clan.
29. They are also used to unquestioning deference to their own leaders, be they family, clan or tribe.
30. Optimism and energy, especially in the face of adversity, are defining characteristics of our clan.