Synonym: annoy, bait, bother, harass, pester, question, tease, torment. Similar words: gadget, ledger, lodger, drudgery, general ledger, bad, badly, a bad egg. Meaning: ['bædʒə] n. 1. a native or resident of Wisconsin 2. sturdy carnivorous burrowing mammal with strong claws widely distributed in the northern hemisphere. v. 1. annoy persistently 2. persuade through constant efforts.
Random good picture Not show
1. You can't badger me into going to the party.
2. Fox, badger, weasel and stoat are regularly seen here.
3. They fired the badger out of the hole.
4. Reporters constantly badger her about her private life.
5. The badger sett had twelve entrances to what must have been a labyrinth of tunnels.
6. I had to badger the kids into doing their homework.
7. Together these add up to good badger country.
8. Badger is a retired schoolmaster, rather short on gravitas.
9. Watching a badger move bedding can be very amusing.
10. A dreadful cross for the badger to bear.
11. The badger is a protected species covered by legislation.
12. Another badger has suffered a broken jaw.
13. We looked for more badger clues.
14. And dying for a drink.The badger falls victim to the drought.
15. He would badger him about anything, often hitting him on the least pretext.
16. My first encounter with a badger, as a lad of 10, was as exciting as I could have wished.
17. The badger, though startled, accepted my rendition and continued to forage. Thank goodness for asthmatic sheep!
18. The sharp sound of a twig snapping scared the badger away.
19. The best quality men's shaving brushes are made from badger bristle.
20. Next on the depth chart at this crucial position is starting right guard Brad Badger.
21. Not just for one night, but for several, and to develop an intimate knowledge of the local badger community.
22. Now look here, if you're reading this, who's grooming the badgers for the badger parade?
23. Badger victory Wildlife campaigners are celebrating after winning an 18 year fight to protect badgers from badger baiting.
24. The only other smell you are likely to encounter that could be confused with badger musk is that of the fox.
25. In November 1987 they were up before the court on badger digging charges - one got off due to inadequate evidence.
26. In particular,(Sentencedict) they wanted to strengthen the law against badger digging.
27. Since they have very coarse fur and stout claws, badger hygiene tends to be an extremely noisy affair.
28. He became a protector of the species four years ago at a time when badger baiting had reached alarming proportions.
29. Watchful conservationists will make sure that baiters who've decimated the local badger population won't get their hands on these as well.
30. Much more tricky than knowing if you've found a badger sett, is knowing whether or not it is still active.