Synonym: bridge circuit, bridge deck, bridge over, bridgework, nosepiece, span. Similar words: ridge, bride, rid, edge, arid, budget, rider, trudge. Meaning: [brɪdʒ] n. 1. a structure that allows people or vehicles to cross an obstacle such as a river or canal or railway etc. 2. a circuit consisting of two branches (4 arms arranged in a diamond configuration) across which a meter is connected 3. something resembling a bridge in form or function 4. the hard ridge that forms the upper part of the nose 5. any of various card games based on whist for four players 6. a wooden support that holds the strings up 7. a denture anchored to teeth on either side of missing teeth 8. the link between two lenses; rests on nose 9. an upper deck where a ship is steered and the captain stands. v. 1. connect or reduce the distance between 2. make a bridge across 3. cross over on a bridge.
Random good picture Not show
6. The bridge broke down in last earthquake.
7. After the bridge, the road straightens out.
8. The roads intersect near the bridge.
9. The house is beyond the bridge.
10. They recreate themselves with playing bridge.
11. He walked back over the railway bridge.
12. They will organize a Bridge Club.
13. The bridge is noteworthy for its sheer size.
14. The soldiers were tearing across the bridge.
15. A row of reinforced concrete pillars supports the bridge.
16. Road and bridge construction is underway.
17. The new bridge is a triumph of engineering.
18. A bridge spans the river there.
19. The bridge is reinforced with huge steel girders.
20. The bridge has a span of 100 metres.
21. I declare this bridge open.
22. They have anticipated us and seized the bridge.
23. This bridge over the river has a steel framework.
24. The bridge links the island with the mainland.
25. The alley led to the railway bridge.sentencedict.com
26. The bridge vibrated when a heavy truck passed.
27. The bridge is now open to two-way traffic.
28. Is this bridge strong enough to support heavy lorries?
29. The water sloshed around the bridge.
30. The central portion of the bridge collapsed.