Synonym: order, progression, sequence, series. Similar words: ecological succession, success, successful, successfully, cession, recession, secession, concession. Meaning: [sək'seʃn] n. 1. a following of one thing after another in time 2. a group of people or things arranged or following in order 3. the action of following in order 4. (ecology) the gradual and orderly process of change in an ecosystem brought about by the progressive replacement of one community by another until a stable climax is established 5. acquisition of property by descent or by will.
Random good picture Not show
1. His words came out in quick succession.
2. She won the championship four times in succession.
3. The gunman fired three times in rapid succession.
4. The succession passed to the nearest surviving relative.
5. We lost three secretaries in quick succession.
6. A succession of military defeats weakened the aggressor.
7. They had three children in quick succession.
8. The peasants are reaping good harvests in succession.
9. He fired three shots in quick succession.
10. They asked their questions in rapid succession.
11. Losing several matches in succession had completely demoralized the team.
12. England have beaten the Welsh three times in succession with an aggregate score of 83-12.
13. He's been hit by a succession of injuries since he joined the team.
14. The children were educated at home by a succession of tutors.
15. Adams took a succession of jobs which have stood him in good stead.
16. She had suffered three bereavements in quick succession.
16. Sentencedict.com try its best to collect and create good sentences.
17. She's third in order of succession to the throne.
18. She had her first three children in rapid succession.
19. The endless succession of parties wore us out.
20. His succession as headmaster was not in any doubt.
21. A succession of visitors came to the door.
22. He went out with a succession of blonde bimbos.
23. He fired two shots in quick succession.
24. He was hit with a succession of rights.
25. He fired three times in rapid succession .
26. They are semi-finalists for the fourth year in succession.
27. The guard fired four shots in rapid succession.
28. He became chairman in succession to Bernard Allen.
29. She is the world champion for the third year in succession.
30. She has won the award for the third year in succession.
More similar words: ecological succession, success, successful, successfully, cession, recession, secession, concession, accessible, inaccessible, succeed, session, succeed in, compression, aggression, suppression, confession, digression, oppression, profession, expression, depression, impression, professional, congressional, transgression, access, excessive, necessity, recessive.