Synonym: battle, contend, endeavor, fight, labor, struggle. Similar words: contrive, contrived, rivet, drive, river, thrive, derive, driven. Meaning: [straɪv] v. 1. attempt by employing effort 2. to exert much effort or energy.
Random good picture Not show
(4) To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield. Alfred Tennyson
(5) We have to strive for what we want.
(6) Strive to make every day joyful and meaningful.
(7) Strive to make every day joyful and meaningful, not for others, but for myself.
(8) A true love is what doesn't strive for busyness, for extravagance, for luxury[sentencedict.com/strive.html], and moreover for hokum.
(9) We must continue to strive for greater efficiency.
(10) She likes to strive with me in argument.
(11) We must strive and fend.
(12) Strive for the best, prepare for the worst.
(13) Observe what is best and to strive to universalize these qualities.
(14) You should always strive to achieve more, however well you have done before.
(15) Mr Annan said the region must now strive for economic development as well as peace.
(16) Newspaper editors all strive to be first with a story.
(17) We encourage all members to strive for the highest standards.
(18) They commit themselves to strive for its elimination.
(19) We have to strive for more longevity.
(20) No yardstick for the mediocre companies to strive to.
(21) We should strive for the same sense of adventure.
(22) The company must constantly strive for greater efficiency.
(23) Within their own group there was little to strive for since there were no clearly identifiable roles available.
(24) Even when the judicial structure does strive to maintain some political independence, it still might respond to political pressure.
(25) Hotel managers and assistant managers strive to ensure their guests will have a pleasant stay.
(26) We will strive to accelerate the eradication of ozone depleting substances.
(27) A charity such as ours must constantly strive for greater efficiency, to put every penny of your subscription to good use.
(28) May we strive to become involved, not just in ourselves, but in the rest of the human race.
(29) The headmaster encouraged the candidates for the national maths competition to strive for the best results.
(30) Usually agricultural technology is closely linked to that of industrial technology and is constantly innovating as private farms strive to remain competitive.
More similar words: contrive, contrived, rivet, drive, river, thrive, derive, driven, drivel, arrive, driver, drive out, shrivel, drive up, driveway, derived, sex drive, drive down, deprived, arrive at, strip, drive out of, deprive of, drive home, strife, strict, string, strike, derive from, austria.