Synonym: bind, connect, line up, thread, tie. Antonym: unstring. Similar words: striking, strip, strike, strict, doctrine, restrict, district, strictly. Meaning: [strɪŋ] n. 1. a lightweight cord 2. stringed instruments that are played with a bow 3. a tightly stretched cord of wire or gut, which makes sound when plucked, struck, or bowed 4. a sequentially ordered set of things or events or ideas in which each successive member is related to the preceding 5. a linear sequence of symbols (characters or words or phrases) 6. a tie consisting of a cord that goes through a seam around an opening 7. (cosmology) a hypothetical one-dimensional subatomic particle having a concentration of energy and the dynamic properties of a flexible loop 8. a collection of objects threaded on a single strand 9. a necklace made by a stringing objects together. v. 1. thread on or as if on a string 2. add as if on a string 3. move or come along 4. stretch out or arrange like a string 5. string together; tie or fasten with a string 6. remove the stringy parts of 7. provide with strings.
Random good picture Not show
2. She undid the string round the parcel.
3. Jean wore a string of pearls around her neck.
4. The books were tied with string.
5. He twanged the guitar string/his braces.
6. I snipped the string and untied the parcel.
7. Give me that roll of string for my kite.
8. Make a knot at the end of the string.
9. The string around the parcel was slack.
10. A string quartet was playing Mozart.
11. A string of scandals is obsessing America.
12. Dan-gle the ball on a string before the baby.
13. Could you roll up that string for me?
14. He made the second string on the football team.
15. Her key hung on a string around her neck.
16. The string is wound round a cardboard cylinder.
17. Could you tie this piece of string for me?
18. The parcel was tied with string.
19. We used a razor to cut the string.
20. He pulled the string tight.
21. to harp on the same string.
22. String is made of threads twisted together.
23. He jerked the string and the puppet jumped.
24. The key is hanging on a string by the door.
25. I need a piece of string to tie this parcel up.
26. A string quartet consists of two violins[sentencedict.com], a viola and a cello.
27. We'll need several lengths of string to tie the package.
27. Sentencedict.com try its best to collect and make good sentences.
28. Using the right hand to touch the string gently through the fingers,the trace of lubrication,with my flying fantasy.
29. Take my advice – string along with me, I know this business inside out.
30. She took a pair of scissors and cut the string.
More similar words: striking, strip, strike, strict, doctrine, restrict, district, strictly, distribute, industrial, ring, restriction, distribution, The last rites, bring, during, ring out, ring up, bring in, bring out, mothering, offering, bring up, gathering, bring down, spring up, bearings, bring about, filtering, bring back.