Synonym: adhere, stick, stick about, stick around, stick by. Similar words: by and by, stand, stand up, stand out, stance, stand for, standard, instant. Meaning: v. 1. not act or do anything 2. be available or ready for a certain function or service 3. be loyal to.
Random good picture Not show
1. Cabin crew, please stand by for takeoff.
2. It takes anyone to stand by your side at your best. But it takes a special one to stand by your side at your worst.
3. I'll stand by you whatever happens.
4. Stand by for further orders!
5. I stand by what I said earlier.
6. You cannot stand by and allow such a thing.
7. Stand by for our Christmas competition.
8. I will stand by what I said.
9. Whatever happens, you know that I'll stand by you.
9. Sentencedict.com is a online sentence dictionary, on which you can find excellent sentences for a large number of words.
10. We can't stand by while millions of people starve.
11. I couldn't just stand by and do nothing .
12. We'll stand by you through thick and thin.
13. I'll always stand by you through thick and thin.
14. She has vowed to stand by her husband during his trial.
15. He would not stand by and let his pet project be killed off.
16. How can you stand by and see him accused of something he didn't do?
17. He was content to stand by as an impassive spectator.
18. I'm not going to stand by and see her hurt.
19. How can you stand by and let him treat his dog like that?
20. If you have once made a decision, stand by it, don't allow yourself to be argued round.
21. Stand by your word.
22. If you have once made a decision,stand by it;don't allow yourself to be argued around.
23. I stand by the statement I made earlier - there is no reason for the minister to resign.
24. The laws of Nature, that is to say the laws of God, plainly made every human being a law unto himself, we must steadfastly refuse to obey those laws, and we must as steadfastly stand by the conventions which ignore them, since the statutes furnish us peace, fairly good government and stability, and therefore are better for us than the laws of God, which would soon plunge us into confusion and disorder and anarchy if we should adopt them.
25. Making millions of friends is not a miracle. The miracle is to make a friend who will stand by you when millions are against you.
26. You don't need someone to love in secret. We just stand by the river and feel sad when seeing the shadow in the water and thought that we r falling love with someone.
27. Making a million friends is not a miracle. The miracle is to make a friend who will stand by you when millions are against you.
28. I wouldn't break the law for a friend, but I would stand by her if she did.
29. The Secretary of Defence has said that he would not stand by and let democracy be undermined.
30. The decision has been made and I have got to stand by it.
More similar words: by and by, stand, stand up, stand out, stance, stand for, standard, instant, distant, instance, substance, distance, constant, stand up for, stand up to, music stand, outstanding, understand, assistant, instantly, resistance, assistance, for instance, substantial, substantially, in the distance, circumstance, first and foremost, tank, at any rate.