Synonym: lookout, lookout man, picket, scout, sentry, spotter, watch. Similar words: dissenting, inessential, continent, valentine, serpentine, incontinent, subcontinent, intercontinental. Meaning: ['sentɪnl /-nəl] n. a person employed to watch for something to happen.
Random good picture Not show
1. A policeman stood sentinel at the entrance.
2. The sentinel was stationed on a hill.
3. Was it some supernatural sentinel of the Scarabae?
4. Anita Hardin of the Sentinel staff compiled this report.
5. Mr Kench rang Sentinel, which has a partnership with Barclaycard, among other issuers, to protect cards against fraudulent use.
5. Sentencedict.com is a sentence dictionary, on which you can find excellent sentences for a large number of words.
6. These specimens may provide sentinel indicators of new pathogens and emerging diseases.
7. Owl Lodge has fine glowing orange owl standing sentinel above the parking lot.
8. Expand the use of Sentinel Surveillance Networks to complement other surveillance methods for detecting and monitoring emerging infections.
9. Then he bodily picked up Orlando Sentinel reporter Donna Blanton and twirled her around on his hip.
10. Stumpy Martello towers, built to repel Napoleon, stand sentinel on the shoreline.
11. Changed Sentinel consumable shop model.
12. The press is a sentinel of our liberty.
13. The lone sentinel walked toward his post.
14. One of the campers sentinel while the others slept.
15. We must stand sentinel to protect ourselves.
16. Toggles a target Sentinel between Watcher and Defense modes.
17. a tall round tower standing sentinel over the river.
18. Behind the sentinel was a staircase with twenty steps.
19. Some techniques have been reported to identify sentinel lymph node(SLN), most of them may include utilization of an isosulfan blue dye, a radiocolloid tracer[sentencedict.com], or a combination of both.
20. Objective : To evaluate the sentinel clot sign in blunt upper abdominal trauma.
21. Sentinel lymph node biopsy is indicated for ductal carcinoma in situ, with prophylactic mastectomy, breast cancer patients with previous reduction mammoplasty and breast implants.
22. Here, ancient baobabs ("upside-down trees") stand sentinel over mystical and outlandish landscapes.
23. He praises himself as a sentinel on patrol in the world of poetry, always paying attention to the developments of Parnassus home and abroad.
24. Night drew on apace, the sentinel crickets were posted, the Glow-Worm and Fire - Fly lamps were lighted, and the camp sang to silence and sleep.
25. In its normal form the gene, called p53, appears to act as a sentinel against excessive cell growth.
26. It seems to look out over the court like a sentinel, a soldier guarding a domain.
27. Perched high on a hill, the remains of the place overlooked Dublin like some skeletal sentinel.
28. Forming a concrete tower for temporary installations it stands sentinel opposite the massive front door.
29. But all was still save the measured tread of the sentinel and the gentle whispers of the genial night breeze.
30. Objective To explore the value of lymphatic mapping and sentinel lymph node analysis in laparoscopic colectomy for colon carcinoma.
More similar words: dissenting, inessential, continent, valentine, serpentine, incontinent, subcontinent, intercontinental, routinely, sentimental, presentiment, sententiously, sentiment, sentient, quarantine, essential, elephantine, nonessential, in absentia, essentially, renting, parenting, pertinent, essentiality, contingent, impertinent, quintessential, unrelentingly, inelegant, genuinely.