Random good picture Not show
1. She is a member of the Commons Select Committee on education.
2. But the select committee seems to be technically ill-informed.
3. A total of 93 select committee meetings were televised.
4. Over half the backbenchers are regularly involved with select committee activity.
5. However, a select committee can ask that ministers review the conduct of a particular official.
6. The Select Committee on Energy has also examined the proposals in considerable depth, and the Government welcome its report.
7. The Select Committee has taken an interest and has recognised that we have fully funded the programme that we set out.
8. The Select Committee drew attention to the under-reporting of accidents in the oil industry.
9. The select committee also criticised his failure to meet researchers from the Commission for Racial Equality over a period of four months.
10. It set up a House of Lords Select Committee in 1881 to examine the extent of juvenile prostitution.
11. In 1986 the Prime Minister listed 150 select committee policy recommendations accepted by the government that year.
12. The Select Committee that examined the Bill took a very close interest in and sought several undertakings about groundwater.
12. Sentencedict.com try its best to collect and create good sentences.
13. In 1844 Phillips gave evidence before the select committee on the tobacco trade.
14. This would avoid the need for a select committee hearing but would mean that a public inquiry would be held.
15. The right step is for the Select Committee on Catering to consider the proposals, as it will do shortly.
16. It had undergone detailed and lengthy examination by a Select Committee of this House.
17. I spent two hours responding to questions put to me by the Select Committee only a fortnight or so ago.
18. Our forward planning is designed to enable us to take stock precisely as the Select Committee advocated.
19. It follows that we see no case for placing it on the semi-statutory footing proposed by the select committee.
20. He was speaking during a wide-ranging cross-examination by the Treasury and Civil Service select committee.
21. The Government still have not come clean about the information revealed in a Select Committee appendix.
22. This evidence was available to the chief veterinary officer last December but never given to the Select Committee.
23. It may authorize the chairman, or recommend that the chairman of the Select Committee should write to the responsible minister.
24. These issues were discussed in some detail by the Select Committee on the Coal Industry.
25. The revelation was discussed at closed sessions of the Senate select committee on intelligence, chaired by Democrat David Boren.
26. We need time to examine fully the findings of the Select Committee and to give our response.
27. It is not uncommon for a government backbencher to support his select committee as opposed to a ministerial view.
28. The security services will be brought under the scrutiny of a Parliamentary Select Committee.
29. Initially, the post had been envisaged at a lower level, but the Lords select committee pushed for this power.
30. Since then he has been an active backbencher, chairing the influential Treasury and Civil Service select committee.
More similar words: committee, committed, committal, select, selected, selection, commit, commitment, smitten, admitted, transmitted, elect, intermittent, elected, elector, electric, election, electromagnetic spectrum, electrical, electronic, delectable, electricity, electronics, delectation, electrolysis, thermoelectric, telecommunications, electric shock, electroplating, general election.