Synonym: chance, endanger, expose, gamble, hazard, imperil, jeopardize, venture. Antonym: safety. Similar words: brisk, risky, disk, rise, perish, Irish, arise, wrist. Meaning: [rɪsk] n. 1. a source of danger; a possibility of incurring loss or misfortune 2. a venture undertaken without regard to possible loss or injury 3. the probability of becoming infected given that exposure to an infectious agent has occurred 4. the probability of being exposed to an infectious agent. v. 1. expose to a chance of loss or damage 2. take a risk in the hope of a favorable outcome.
Random good picture Not show
1. Giving up smoking reduces the risk of heart disease.
2. Investors were unhappy about the risk.
3. The amniocentesis test carries a significant risk of miscarriage.
4. The health risk from drinking unclean water is considerable.
5. Smoking can increase the risk of developing heart disease.
6. Smokers face an increased risk of developing lung cancer.
7. You are taking a big risk driving so fast.
8. I beg of you not to run any risk.
9. Without risk, there is no reward.
10. Do nuclear weapons really reduce the risk of war?
11. Exercise lessens the risk of heart disease.
12. Any business venture contains an element of risk.
13. Any investment involves an element of risk.
14. There's only a minimal amount of risk involved.
15. Hundreds of thousands of people are at risk.
16. If bad posture becomes habitual, you risk long-term effects.
17. The risk cannot be eliminated altogether.
18. The chemicals pose little risk to human health.
19. Such a decision would entail a huge political risk.
19. Wish you can benefit from our online sentence dictionary and make progress day by day!
20. Is there any risk of the bomb exploding?
21. Obesity correlates with increased risk for hypertension and stroke.
22. The greatest risk in life is to risk nothing.
23. Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.
24. He saved my life at the risk of losing his own.
25. Very vigorous exercise can increase the risk of heart attacks.
26. There is still a risk that the whole deal will fall through.
27. The risk of infection is confined to groups such as medical personnel.
28. There is a risk that the crisis may spread further.
29. If you try to evade paying your taxes you risk going to prison.
30. Why did you fling your money away on such a high risk?