Synonym: evocative, redolent, remindful. Similar words: feminist, remind, reminder, ministry, minister, diminish, scent, ascent. Meaning: [‚remɪ'nɪsnt] adj. serving to bring to mind.
Random good picture Not show
1. His style of painting is reminiscent of Da Vinci's.
2. The old man was reminiscent.
3. The decor was reminiscent of a municipal arts-and-leisure centre.
4. Geranium oil has a sweet fragrance reminiscent of roses.
5. This painting is strongly reminiscent of da Vinci's "Annunciation".
6. His style is reminiscent of Picasso's.
7. There was a sweetish smell,(sentencedict.com) vaguely reminiscent of coffee.
8. Paramedics tended the wounded in scenes reminiscent of wartime.
9. That song is so reminiscent of my adolescence.
10. Her face wore a reminiscent smile.
11. She writes in a style reminiscent of both Proust and Falkner.
12. The vast volcanic slope was eerily reminiscent of a lunar landscape.
13. The way he laughed was strongly reminiscent of his father.
14. Many of them are reminiscent of Modigliani's nudes.
15. The scene was reminiscent of the lunar highlands.
16. It was quiet, reminiscent,[http://sentencedict.com/reminiscent.html] a little sententious.
17. The recreation room was reminiscent of the dole office.
18. White flowers with yellow stamens and a fragrance reminiscent of a freshly opened packet of tea.
19. The first was a thump thump thump, reminiscent of the women pounding millet back in Mbarara.
20. Green introduced some novel ideas perhaps reminiscent of pan pipes in earlier painting.
21. To Ken, it was all too reminiscent of his own life in the Army, but he enjoyed the filming.
22. Meg herself is more reminiscent of Deborah Kerr on acid.
23. The technique is very reminiscent of that used by the amphibians' far distant and antique cousin, the lungfish.
24. It was too reminiscent of the way John Butler had ended Portrait of Billie.
25. There is a sharp tang mixed with an aroma reminiscent of fresh walnuts and hazelnuts.
26. All too often the soldiers had to be allowed to supplement their income in a manner reminiscent of the streltsy.
27. There was a joyless odor in the air now somewhat reminiscent of liquid soap.
28. This more complex account of the process of levels of social formation interacting is reminiscent of Althusser's theory of overdetermination.
29. There is something in this pattern of behaviour that is very reminiscent of some addictive or compulsive behaviours.
30. The boy had grown sturdy and handsome, his green eyes and dark hair so reminiscent of his father.
More similar words: feminist, remind, reminder, ministry, minister, diminish, scent, ascent, administer, nascent, senescent, quiescent, administrator, adolescent, administration, administrative, transcendent, preeminently, phosphorescent, remiss, premise, premium, scene, discern, visceral, scenery, descend, scenario, finish, seminar.