Synonym: cease, recess, rest, stop, wait. Antonym: proceed. Similar words: cause, because, exhaust, because of. Meaning: [pɔːz] n. 1. a time interval during which there is a temporary cessation of something 2. temporary inactivity. v. 1. interrupt temporarily an activity before continuing 2. cease an action temporarily.
Random good picture Not show
1. There was a brief pause in the conversation.
2. He slipped out during a pause in the conversation.
3. Shall we take a pause here?
4. We had to pause frequently for breath.
5. After a pause he continued his story.
5. Sentencedict.com is a sentence dictionary, on which you can find excellent sentences for a large number of words.
6. There was a pause in the talk when Mary came in.
7. There will be a brief pause in the proceedings while the piano is moved into place.
8. He came to a pause in reading and then went on reading.
9. He made a short pause and then went on reading.
10. Government sources said there would be no prolonged pause in the war.
11. She read the whole text without a pause.
12. After a pause, she said 'Yes.'
13. There was a momentary pause.
14. His words were followed by a pregnant pause.
15. 'We need proof, sir.' Another pause. Then, 'Very well.'.
16. "I don't know," he said after a long pause.
17. Let's pause for a cup of tea.
18. After a long pause , she went on.
19. Press the pause button .
20. After a brief pause, they continued climbing.
21. Pause for two beats and then repeat the chorus.
22. There was a long pause before he spoke again.
23. After a pause, he gave a studied answer.
24. Press pause to stop the tape.
25. Let's pause for a cup of coffee.
26. They pause and chew their pencils.
27. We were waved through customs without a pause.
28. There was a pause while Alice changed the tape.
29. I made the classic mistake of clapping in a pause in the music!
30. For a man who held that to take even an ant's life is evil , the offering of a million lives gives one pause.
More similar words: cause, because, exhaust, because of.