Synonym: correctitude, properness. Similar words: proprietor, proprietary, appropriate, appropriately, misappropriate, variety, notoriety, a variety. Meaning: [prə'praɪətɪ] n. correct or appropriate behavior.
Random good picture Not show
1. We hesitated at the propriety of the method.
2. The way tourists dress offends local standards of propriety.
3. They discussed the propriety of treating ill children against the wishes of the parents.
4. Their sense of social propriety is eroded.
5. The sensitive matter was handled with great propriety.
6. She was careful always to behave with propriety.
7. They conducted themselves with propriety.
8. Nobody questioned the propriety of her being there alone.
9. Victorian propriety would have frowned upon such individual excesses.
10. Kids today have no sense of propriety.
11. Propriety prevents a description of what happened next.
12. Several propriety systems are available to support canes.
13. Philip of Swabia acted with the greatest propriety.
14. The software company's propriety was cited as the chief reason for Camelot's initial exclusion from the final bidding round.
15. The poor boy continued to fight with propriety in these fictions.
16. The propriety of coupling the two names, therefore, could hardly be more complete.
17. But the residents are inordinately preoccupied with propriety, and nothing at all is funny.
18. Are Charles and I really so susceptible to propriety, to the conventional?
19. Though by all outward appearances a woman of propriety, she had a penchant for mischief.
20. In her acceptance she broke the code of propriety, went beyond the established manners in a light encounter.
21. Critics have questioned the propriety of some of the Senator's loans.
22. A number of authoritative scholars seriously question the propriety of interpreting prehistoric remains by reference to the customs of modern primitive peoples.
22. Wish you will love sentencedict.com and make progress everyday!
23. The director insisted that there was no question as to the propriety of how the funds were raised.
24. Easier to detect was a sense of chivalry and propriety among the athletes.
25. Religions classically struggle with this same divided consciousness about order and chaos, balance and exuberance, propriety and spontaneity.
26. They, or at least the Quakers who lived in our town, had become paragons of propriety.
27. A case can be made for both its constitutional propriety and its administrative efficiency.
28. He stopped wearing the pins last year after press inquiries were made concerning the propriety of it.
29. The swinging mannered flights of the great stairway impelled an obedience to propriety.
30. Emotion becomes ever more constrained by feelings of shame, repugnance or propriety.
More similar words: proprietor, proprietary, appropriate, appropriately, misappropriate, variety, notoriety, a variety, a variety of, crop rotation, private property, piety, gaiety, society, anxiety, priest, reprieve, props, propel, improper, properly, propose, prophet, property, proponent, proposal, proposed, propaganda, propagate, prophetic.