Synonym: owner. Similar words: appropriate, appropriately, variety, a variety, a variety of, priest, reprieve, property. Meaning: [prə'praɪətə(r)] n. (law) someone who owns (is legal possessor of) a business.
Random good picture Not show
1. The proprietor was an old acquaint-ance of his.
2. The proprietor is trying to improve the land.
3. Enquiries must be made to the proprietor.
3. Wish you can benefit from our online sentence dictionary and make progress day by day!
4. He is now sole proprietor of the business.
5. A sole trader is the proprietor of the business.
6. The form should name the registered proprietor in full.
7. Telegraph proprietor Conrad Black has estimated the price cut will cost ￡1.5m a month.
8. And, anyway, the proprietor has taken a fancy to my wife.
9. Profits earned by sole proprietors and partners are taxable as ordinary income to the proprietor or partner.
10. The boys run errands for the proprietor of a nearby video arcade, who pays them in quarters.
11. When I came down the proprietor gave me an odd look and said the gentleman was waiting for me outside.
12. The proprietor, Mr John Allan, sat at a counter carefully turning the brittle pages of what seemed an ancient book.
13. Only the proprietor of the six left in the room had a clear idea of what the concept meant.
14. Proprietor Ginny Gavin serves fresh croissants and fruit at breakfast to guests at her inn.
15. The offer is made when the proprietor of the machine holds it out as being ready to receive the money.
16. The local hardware shop proprietor was perhaps not a little alarmed when asked to supply 15 broomsticks before October 31st!
17. Did the garage proprietor also make a contract of sale in relation to the World Cup coins?
18. Downstairs the proprietor was asleep over his counter, mouth open.
19. Eddy Shah, the former national newspaper proprietor, is one of his contacts.
20. Complaints about standards of service should be addressed to the proprietor.
21. The registration of a notice is a friendly proceeding carried out, in general, with the co-operation of the registered proprietor.
22. The family's first stop at a garage for a minor repair led Jack into conversation with the proprietor.
23. The six people at a corner table were well known to the proprietor, who saw them regularly in the winter months.
24. With his broken-down truck and borrowed electricity, Carvel was the prototypical sole proprietor.
25. My father had fallen victim to an unscrupulous garage proprietor.
26. The restaurant offers a buffet breakfast, excellent service and appetizing food all personally supervised by the resident proprietor.
27. It involves the daily expression of opinion and its smallest details can be changed by the direct intervention of the proprietor.
28. I poked my head under the dripping awning of a newsstand and asked the proprietor.
29. She is married to a local farmer and is the proprietor of Osiers Farm Golf Course.
30. Everyone else had gone back out into the cold night air, except her three companions and the proprietor.
More similar words: appropriate, appropriately, variety, a variety, a variety of, priest, reprieve, property, properly, propose, improper, rhetoric, proposed, propagate, prophetic, proportion, propensity, rhetorically, proportional, in proportion to, the private sector, promontory, prosecutor, rhetorical question, diet, piety, Soviet, society, dietary, anxiety.