Similar words: commission, mission, emission, admission, permission, missionary, transmission, missile. Meaning: [kə'mɪʃnə] n. 1. a government administrator 2. a member of a commission.
Random good picture Not show
1. The commissioner has issued a warrant for her arrest.
2. The London police force is headed by a commissioner.
3. He lauded the work of the UN High Commissioner for Refugees.
4. The commissioner presented his credentials to the State Department.
5. He was appointed United Nation High Commissioner for refugees.
6. Commissioner Foster is responsible for literature and arts.
7. Commissioner Rhodes was unavailable for comment.
8. There is a commissioner in charge of the London police force.
9. He accepted last year to become the UN Commissioner in Namibia.
10. The Commissioner has absolutely unrestricted access to all the files.
11. Ultimately, I made him an assistant commissioner.
12. Even Commissioner Shack seemed chastened by the loss.
13. The Assistant Commissioner didn't go into details.
14. Commissioner Gattrell was no longer in charge.
15. We have a Negro vehicle commissioner.
16. This is a message from your Commissioner of Highways and Highway Travel.
17. Nolan Bushnell, founder of Atari, will serve as commissioner of the new league.
18. In January 1864 he was appointed commissioner for the settlement of boundary disputes between the states of Baroda and Jamnagar.
19. The assistant commissioner reported troubles with the farmers, but much more with the labourers.
20. Banks and other opponents warn that the commissioner might have to severely ration some medical services to stay within the budget.
21. Then, suddenly, the environment commissioner announces more consultation is needed and it s on hold until the autumn.
22. The Commissioner has adopted a higher profile recently by exhibiting at various professional gatherings.
23. Promotion of the role of the Commissioner, emphasising both her capabilities and her limitations should help to alleviate this problem.
24. The Commissioner is a recognizable national figure, in modern times invariably a career police officer of high ability.
25. The commissioner would negotiate regional budgets for hospitals, clinics and doctors and could impose cost controls if necessary.
25. Wish you can benefit from our online sentence dictionary and make progress day by day!
26. That responsibility falls on the local office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees.
27. Predictably, Dominy managed to overcome such scruples offer he was appointed commissioner.
28. The inquiry's 72 recommendations included the appointment of a children's commissioner to oversee complaints.
29. Future trade agreements will be negotiated not by the member states, but principally by the trade commissioner, Pascal Lamy.
30. These are important questions and any doubt about the answers may lead to the Commissioner acting ultravires.
More similar words: commission, mission, emission, admission, permission, missionary, transmission, missile, missing, session, recession, impression, profession, confession, depression, aggression, discussion, professional, congressional, committee, dismiss, immigration, pension, mansion, version, tension, invasion, division, envision, decision.