Similar words: architect, architecture, flagship, chip, march, starch, search, arched. Meaning: [‚ɑrkɪ'peləgəʊ /ɑːk-] n. a group of many islands in a large body of water.
Random good picture Not show
(1) In the archipelago, the great religions had curious adventures.
(2) Instead, he discovered the archipelago of Svalbard, whose fiords were teeming with whales and walrus.
(3) The Banda archipelago is volcanic and luxuriously tropical, perfect for snorkelling and diving.
(4) Arable land on some islands in the Palau archipelago has been contaminated by sea water, forcing their inhabitants to import food.
(5) The cacti are unique to the archipelago, but many have been strangled by vines.
(6) For the rest, the archipelago could and did live off its own resources.
(7) They even partitioned the archipelago into three quite separate military commands.
(8) Okinawa, the main island in the Ryukyu archipelago, is only seventy miles long and seven miles wide.
(9) CAPRICIOUS, mythical catfish lies beneath the Japanese archipelago.
(10) Putuo Mountain lies to the east of Zhoushan Archipelago.
(11) Means big bonfires all over in the archipelago.
(12) Indonesia is the largest archipelago in the world.
(13) The archipelago continues for another 500 miles.
(14) The Canadian Arctic Archipelago generally receives little precipitation, and the amount of snowfall changes little from year to year.
(15) Most of the Japanese archipelago in the temperate climate is temperate maritime monsoon type, and major features of the year is mild and humid, with the winter cold, summer without the intense heat.
(16) In Svalbard, Norway's Arctic archipelago, a camera trap catches a polar bear looking out of place on bare brown soil.
(17) The primary motivation was establishing the Javanese-including the Madurese-as masters over the archipelago.
(18) The view however, is spectacular, taking in most of the fifteen islands of the Westmann archipelago.
(19) Her scissors move through the material like a swimmer doing crawl, among the archipelago of tissue paper.
(20) They were not dropped into the oblivion of the Gulag archipelago or the Lubianka.
(21) Poachers, illegal loggers and encroaching farmers are active everywhere across the sprawling archipelago. Sentencedict.com
(22) Until their dissolution in 1832, the Militia was the most numerous body in the archipelago.
(23) Dili was the malai island of romance, the most beautiful spot in the archipelago.
(24) Cornelius observed that freckles on her left cheek mapped out the Tuamotu archipelago of south-west Polynesia.
(25) Sulawesi breaks many of the rules of animal distribution in the archipelago.
(26) That channel is one of only three in the whole archipelago that will allow a nuclear submarine safe passage.
(27) Then they learned that before the war Pan Am had been flying seaplanes on an Atlantic test route between Bermuda and the Portuguese archipelago of the Azores.
(28) The Encyclopedia of the Chinese Overseas Lynn Pan ( General Editor ) , Archipelago Press Landmark Books , Singapore.
(29) It existed for more than a century, and within that time period Islam spread to most of the Malay archipelago.
(30) The Moken, a nomadic sea people who live among the 800 islands of the Mergui Archipelago, are divers and beachcombers , taking what they need each day from the Andaman Sea.
More similar words: architect, architecture, flagship, chip, march, starch, search, arched, parched, anarchy, monarch, travel agency, research, war chest, monarchy, microchip, patriarch, oligarchy, researcher, scorching, relationship, patriarchy, in search of, archetypal, patriarchal, handkerchief, archeological, ripe, wipe, pipe.