Random good picture Not show
1. The phonetic sequences involved in either onomatopoeia or sound symbolism are clearly not to be considered semantic constituents.
2. This phenomenon is distinct from onomatopoeia - it is sometimes called sound symbolism: there is no question of auditory resemblance.
3. His muteness an onomatopoeia of the rising moon.
4. Words like rustle and gargle are illustrations of onomatopoeia.
5. Onomatopoeia and mimetic words are a striking feature of Japanese vocabulary.
6. Generally speaking, onomatopoeia have no actual meaning[sentencedict.com/onomatopoeia.html], therefore they cannot be used as a subject.
7. The sound form of poetry is often manifested in onomatopoeia, sound symbolism and some other musical devices such as alliteration, assonance, repetition, internal rhyme and so on.
8. Dividing word class leads to much dispute in the Chinese word study the onomatopoeia is one of kind of the word class .
9. Chinese and Japanese are representative languages with abundant use of onomatopoeia among them.
10. In English poetry, aesthetic sense and English pronunciation are closely linked, reflecting especially in the metre, such as alliteration, assonance, rhyme, semi-assonance and onomatopoeia.
11. The words that function as predicate are adjectives, nouns, numerals and onomatopoeia, in addition to verbs.
More similar words: tomato, no matter, monochromatic, on top of, atop, topography, nomadic, anomaly, monopoly, economy, autonomy, economic, agronomy, carcinomas, economics, economist, anomalously, astronomer, autonomous, economical, ergonomics, dual economy, economically, aromatic, diplomat, mixed economy, chromatic, automatic, market economy, achromatic.