Synonym: adequate, correct, fit, proper, respectable, right, suitable. Antonym: coarse, indecent, vulgar. Similar words: recent, recently, deceptive, Cent., scent, per cent, center, accent. Meaning: ['diːsnt] adj. 1. socially or conventionally correct; refined or virtuous 2. according with custom or propriety 3. conforming to conventions of sexual behavior 4. enough to meet a purpose 5. decently clothed 6. observing conventional sexual mores in speech or behavior or dress. adv. in the right manner.
Random good picture Not show
1. We want to give him a decent Christian burial.
2. The group had cobbled together a few decent songs.
3. He seemed like a decent sort of a fellow.
4. He earns a decent living.
5. Don't you have a decent jacket?
6. The pub looked decent enough.
7. We must provide decent housing for the poor.
8. He dreams of living in a decent life.
9. Nearby is a village with a decent pub.
10. I didn't have a decent dress for the dance.
11. I need a decent night's sleep.
12. His speech was an affront to all decent members of the community.
13. Everyone should be entitled to a decent wage/standard of living.
14. We'll continue to fight for a decent standard of living for our members.
15. The law obliges companies to pay decent wages to their employees.
16. I can't go to the door-I'm not decent.
17. Their in-flight magazine is actually halfway decent .
18. Dashed decent of you, old boy!
19. He's a decent sort of chap.sentencedict.com
20. He made a decent record.
21. He is an educated, amiable and decent man.
22. Those tight trousers of yours aren't very decent!
23. His conduct offended against the rules of decent behaviour.
24. I haven't had a decent holiday for years.
25. They are fair and decent employers.
26. It is not decent to do so.
27. She led a chaste, decent life.
28. The hospital has no decent equipment.
29. That was quite a decent lunch.
30. I thought he was a decent sort of person.
More similar words: recent, recently, deceptive, Cent., scent, per cent, center, accent, century, central, incentive, centurion, percentage, unprecedented, adolescent, accentuate, concentrate, concentration, concentrating, entertainment, sentiment, deck, piece, decade, declare, decide, receive, decline, decorum, receiver.