1. Better lose
a jest than a friend.
2. We lose
in hake, but gain in herring.
3. Lend your money and lose
4. You must lose
a fly to catch a trout.
5. He that doth lend,[Sentencedict.com] doth lose
6. You win some, you lose
7. There is no time to lose
8. Sometimes the best gain is to lose
9. Sometimes gain is to lose.
10. One false move may lose
11. Better ask twice than lose
you way once.
12. You cannot lose
what you never had.
13. Merry is he that hath nought to lose
14. Either win the horse or lose
15. Pains to get, care to keep, fear to lose
16. Better lose
the saddle than the horse.
16. Wish you can benefit from our online sentence dictionary and make progress every day!
17. One wrong (or false) move can lose
the whole game.
18. What you lose
on the swings you gain (or get back) on the roundabouts.
19. What we lose
in hake we shall have in herring.
not time; be always employed in something useful; cut off all unnecessary actions.
21. Grasp all, lose all.
22. A ready way to lose
friend is to lend him money.
23. Spoil (or Lose
) the ship for half penny worth of tar.
24. The wolf may lose
his teeth, but never his nature.
25. What you lose
on the swings you gain on the roundabouts.
26. By gambling we lose
both time and treasure, two things most precious to the life of man.
27. To lose
a freind is the greatest of all loses.
28. It is a strange desire to seek power and to lose
liberty, or to seek power over others and to lose power over a man's self.
29. People do not know the blessing of health till they lose
30. It is good to have money to buy things that money can buy,but it is better not to lose
things money cannot buy.