Synonym: dash, elan, expressive style, fashion, flair, manner, mode, panache, stylus, title, trend, vogue, way. Similar words: lifestyle, nasty, gargoyle. Meaning: [staɪl] n. 1. a particular kind (as to appearance) 2. how something is done or how it happens 3. a way of expressing something (in language or art or music etc.) that is characteristic of a particular person or group of people or period 4. distinctive and stylish elegance 5. the popular taste at a given time 6. (botany) the narrow elongated part of the pistil between the ovary and the stigma 7. editorial directions to be followed in spelling and punctuation and capitalization and typographical display 8. a pointed tool for writing or drawing or engraving 9. a slender bristlelike or tubular process. v. 1. designate by an identifying term 2. make consistent with a certain fashion or style 3. make consistent with certain rules of style.
Random good picture Not show
1. The style is the man.
2. The dinner will be served buffet style.
3. His work is imprinted with his own personal style.
4. We dined in style in the hotel restaurant.
5. Mona wrote with a beautiful simplicity of style.
6. The style is ornate and highly decorative.
7. The essence of Arsenal's style of football was speed.
8. We banqueted the visiting president in grand style.
8. Sentencedict.com is a online sentence dictionary, on which you can find nice sentences for a large number of words.
9. The style prevails and picks up momentum.
10. His style of singing is rather unique.
11. Clarissa's hair was swept up into a sophisticated style.
12. The letter is written in a formal style.
13. He had a dense, ponderous style.
14. Cowardice is not my style.
15. They have played an expansive style of rugby.
16. We dined in grand style.
17. You must write in a clear and lucid style.
18. The building style is plain, with very little ornament.
19. Each writer's style differs from that of another.
20. This painting exemplifies the artist's early style.
21. His writing style is now boring and outdated.
22. The room was furnished in austere style.
23. He is wearing a western style suit.
24. Jones favours a dynamic, hands-on style of management.
25. Does your style of writing individualize your work?
26. He writes in a formal and rather stilted style.
27. I find his style somewhat impenetrable.
28. I like your style .
29. His sportsmanship and style of play is refreshing.
30. He imprints his own personal style on his work.