Synonym: bespeak, betoken, indicate, point, sign, signaling, signalise, signalize. Similar words: signature, sign on, assign, sign in, resign, design, designs, designer. Meaning: ['sɪgnl] n. 1. any communication that encodes a message 2. any incitement to action 3. an electric quantity (voltage or current or field strength) whose modulation represents coded information about the source from which it comes. v. 1. communicate silently and non-verbally by signals or signs 2. be a signal for or a symptom of. adj. notably out of the ordinary.
Random good picture Not show
(1) The radio is giving out a strange signal.
(2) The signal will be converted into digital code.
(3) She flashed the torch as a signal.
(4) Signal lights on cars have edged out hand signals.
(5) When I give the signal, run!
(6) The driver misread an important signal.
(7) The equipment sent out a regular high-pitched signal.
(8) A radio signal was sent to the spacecraft.
(9) When she gave the signal(http://Sentencedict.com), they all cheered.
(10) A thin cable carries the signal to a computer.
(11) The railway signal showed that the train could pass.
(12) We couldn't locate the source of the radio signal.
(13) At an agreed signal they left the room.
(14) A red lamp is used as a danger signal.
(15) This train stops to let off passengers on signal.
(16) They suffered from nervous tension when the signal was shown on a radarscope.
(17) Our fax machine differentiates between an incoming fax signal and a voice call.
(18) The siren was a signal for everyone to leave the building.
(19) All I get is a busy signal when I dial his number .
(20) The display flashed a red warning signal .
(21) The signal pistol went off with a bang.
(22) I keep getting a busy signal .
(23) We picked up a distress signal 6 km away.
(24) This will send the wrong signal to potential investors.
(25) Don't move until I give the signal.
(26) Did you signal before you turned right?
(27) Send out a distress signal; the ship is sinking.
(28) Then the rain came and the red flag went up to signal a halt.
(29) There were calls for cab radios to link train drivers and signal boxes.
(30) When she got up from the table, it was obviously the signal for us to leave.
More similar words: signature, sign on, assign, sign in, resign, design, designs, designer, design for, significant, assignment, significance, significantly, pregnant, pregnancy, pugnacious, sigh, foreigner, campaign, in sight, insight, out of sight, sovereignty, in all, lose sight of, at first sight, journal, finally, all in all, analyze.