Synonym: gramps, grandad, granddad, granddaddy, grandpa. Similar words: father, grand, the rank and file, grant, a grand, grandmother, immigrant, grandparent. Meaning: ['grændfɑðə(r) /-fɑː-] n. the father of your father or mother.
Random good picture Not show
1. I don'nt know who my grandfather was. I' m much more concerned to know what his grandson will be.
2. Her grandfather died ten years ago.
3. She inherited a little money from her grandfather.
4. I remembered my grandfather in my dream last night.
5. Grandfather used to misplace his glasses.
6. His grandfather was a fine raconteur.
7. My grandfather mentioned me in his will.
8. My grandfather used to raise sheep in Wales.
9. Grandfather has many wrinkles on his face.
10. Charles displays unreserved admiration for his grandfather.
11. My grandfather fought against the Fascists in Spain.
12. Her grandfather taught her to conjure.
12. Sentencedict.com try its best to collect and create good sentences.
13. She bamboozled Grandfather into marrying her.
14. His grandfather used to be a land lord.
15. I can still vividly remember my grandfather teaching me to play cards.
16. He helps to look after his grandfather who is an invalid.
17. My grandfather used to reminisce about his years in the navy.
18. Grandfather was an austere man, very strict with his children.
19. My grandfather is still living, but my grandmother is dead.
20. My grandfather was a career teacher; it's the only job he'd ever done.
21. The pendulum in the grandfather clock swung back and forth.
22. Their grandfather had left his village in order to escape the grinding poverty.
23. His grandfather would always chip in while we were talking.
24. The boy took the watch given by his grandfather to school for show.
25. Her grandfather is an invalid.
26. My grandfather fought in two world wars.
27. She inherited a passion for music from her grandfather.
28. Tod's grandfather taught him to shoot a rifle.
29. His grandfather was one of the pioneers of flying.
30. He said that he was going to stick with the traditions established by his grandfather.
More similar words: father, grand, the rank and file, grant, a grand, grandmother, immigrant, grandparent, grandchild, old-fashioned, fatal, fatigue, send for, handful, stand for, back and forth, and function, first and foremost, gather, math, leather, at hand, feather, death, baths, gray, grab, athlete, at heart, at home.