Synonym: jock. Similar words: athletic, monthly, much less, meter, detect, compete, veteran, cemetery. Meaning: ['æθliːt] n. a person trained to compete in sports.
Random good picture Not show
1. The athlete is checked by their physio or doctor.
2. Derartu is an outstanding athlete and deserved to win.
3. Trainers rub down an athlete after hard exercise.
4. The athlete will have one final fling before retirement.
5. The athlete has got powerful muscles.
6. The athlete broke an arm while climbing a cliff.
7. He is over the hill as a professional athlete.
8. Daley Thompson was a great athlete.
9. The achievements of an athlete and a writer are not comparable.
10. If an athlete makes a false start, the race must be restarted.
11. The young track and field athlete could already hurl the discus 60 yards.
12. He's a consummate athlete/gentleman/liar.
13. He became a professional athlete at the age of 16.
14. No athlete would dream of entering a big race without adequate preparation.
15. The athlete tested positive for steroids.
16. He's a talented athlete who competes nationally and internationally.
17. She rose with the fluent movement of an athlete.
18. She has already distinguished herself as an athlete.
19. He is a terrific athlete and a brilliant jumper.
20. I was a natural athlete as a kid.
21. An athlete should be rubbed down after hard exercise.
22. The athlete failed a dope test .
23. He is currently considered the best British athlete.
24. He has the make of an athlete.
25. An athlete in training needs a lot of calories.
26. The young athlete soon left the others far behind.
27. Second place went to the Moroccan athlete.
28. He was famous for his prowess as an athlete.
29. She will make a very good athlete.
30. She has the build and strength of a natural athlete.
More similar words: athletic, monthly, much less, meter, detect, compete, veteran, cemetery, concrete, diabetes, detective, inveterate, contretemps, father, math, gather, death, baths, at hand, feather, leather, or rather, at heart, at home, gathering, beneath, bathroom, a thought, rather than, grandfather.