Synonym: crisp, frigid, frozen, glacial, icy, nipping, nippy, parky, rimed, rimy, snappy, wintry. Similar words: prostrate, prosthetic, a bed of roses, nasty, tasty, style, amnesty, thirsty. Meaning: ['frɔstɪ /'frɒs-] adj. 1. devoid of warmth and cordiality; expressive of unfriendliness or disdain 2. covered with frost 3. pleasantly cold and invigorating.
Random good picture Not show
(1) The air had a frosty bite.
(2) The day dawned cold and frosty.
(3) He breathed in the frosty air.
(4) He gave me a frosty stare.
(5) Be careful - the pavements are very frosty.
(6) It's sunny(Sentencedict), but the air is frosty.
(7) My questions were met with a frosty silence.
(8) My words got a frosty reception.
(9) He gave me a frosty look.
(10) The latest proposals were given a frosty reception.
(11) The atmosphere in the room was decidedly frosty.
(12) His cool green eyes became positively frosty.
(13) It was a cold and frosty morning.
(14) The chairperson's plan received a frosty reception from the committee.
(15) Her first book got a wonderful/warm/frosty reception from the critics.
(16) The air was frosty.
(17) The atmosphere between them had suddenly become frosty.
(18) They were both shivering slightly from the frosty air.
(19) His voice had become unmistakably frosty.
(20) A couple of coins landed on the frosty road.
(21) It has been sent back with a frosty message from one of his constituents, who is unidentified.
(22) Expect frosty nights, foggy dawns, and snow on the Alpine passes.
(23) Experienced royal watchers claimed to note a distinctly frosty air between the couple.
(24) The night was already cold and frosty, and the moonlight cast an intense glow across the landscape.
(25) The street was deserted except for a cat lifting its paws off the frosty stones.
(26) When we left the forest, pale moonlight reflected dimly on the frosty ground and it was easier to see.
(27) The morning of December 31, 1862, came on with a cloudless sky and a ringing, frosty air.
(28) Kings and sheep and whinnying horses and Serving maids and beggar boys gathered together in the frosty imagined night.
(29) No doubt if she had been less absorbed, she would have heard the footsteps ring out into the frosty night behind her.
(30) You got to be careful when the pavements are frosty cos you can slip and hurt yourself.
More similar words: prostrate, prosthetic, a bed of roses, nasty, tasty, style, amnesty, thirsty, travesty, lifestyle, cross, gross, morose, across, prosper, sun rose, erosion, engross, cross out, from, frown, get across, prospect, froth, front, put across, come across, engrossed, corrosion, cut across.