Synonym: face, first, fore, head. Antonym: back, hind, rear. Similar words: frontier, confront, forefront, in the front, in front of, effrontery, the front line, confrontation. Meaning: [frʌnt] n. 1. the immediate proximity of someone or something 2. the side that is forward or prominent 3. the side that is seen or that goes first 4. a sphere of activity involving effort 5. the line along which opposing armies face each other 6. a group of people with a common ideology who try together to achieve certain general goals 7. (meteorology) the atmospheric phenomenon created at the boundary between two different air masses 8. a person used as a cover for some questionable activity 9. the outward appearance of a person 10. the part of something that is nearest to the normal viewer. v. 1. be oriented in a certain direction, often with respect to another reference point; be opposite to 2. confront bodily. adj. relating to or located in the front.
Random good picture Not show
1. The dog's snoozing in front of the fire.
2. The regiment was ordered to the front.
3. You can slide the front seats forward if necessary.
4. The front room was strewn with books and clothes.
5. We must reinforce the troops at the front.
6. People were genuflecting in front of the altar.
7. Thousands were killed on the eastern front.
8. The teacher called the boy to the front.
9. The front of the car was badly damaged.
10. The car waited at the front entrance.
11. Bert swept the path in front of the house.
12. She bawled at him in front of everyone.
13. Ann stopped in front of the house.
14. They massed in front of the city hall.
15. He didn't approach the front door at once.
16. We met in front of the main station.
17. The heavy traffic was re-routed past my front door.
18. He tipped the table over in front of him.
19. We charged and the enemy's front line fell back.
20. The nearside front tyre had been slashed.
21. She embroidered flowers on the front of the dress.
22. Victory was dawning on the battle front.
23. A gust of wind blew the front door shut.
24. One of the front tyres had punctured.
25. The front of the building was covered with ivy.
25. Wish you can benefit from our online sentence dictionary and make progress day by day!
26. We soon warmed up in front of the fire.
27. The first-class compartments are in front.
28. Don't swear in front of the children.
29. We'll pay you half up front.
30. The front portion of the rocket breaks off.
More similar words: frontier, confront, forefront, in the front, in front of, effrontery, the front line, confrontation, on the contrary, frown, from, prone, iron, froth, rondo, wrong, irony, far from, frozen, frowzy, as from, matron, bronze, bear on, coronet, patron, strong, away from, come from, later on.