Synonym: business, company, enterprise, fixed, immovable, inflexible, rigid, secure, solid, stationary, unyielding. Antonym: flabby, flimsy, fragile, loose, weak. Similar words: firmly, confirm, chairman, first, on fire, fire up, at first, catch fire. Meaning: [fɜrm /fɜːm] n. the members of a business organization that owns or operates one or more establishments. v. 1. become taut or tauter 2. make taut or tauter. adj. 1. marked by firm determination or resolution; not shakable 2. not soft or yielding to pressure 3. strong and sure 4. not subject to revision or change 5. (of especially a person's physical features) not shaking or trembling 6. not liable to fluctuate or especially to fall 7. securely established 8. possessing the tone and resiliency of healthy tissue 9. pleasingly firm and fresh and making a crunching noise when chewed 10. securely fixed in place 11. unwavering in devotion to friend or vow or cause. adv. with resolute determination.
Random good picture Not show
1. Next year will be the centenary of this firm.
2. We subcontracted the work to a small engineering firm.
3. They settled with a foreign firm last week.
4. The firm was accused of dubious accounting practices.
5. The firm needs more people of your calibre.
6. He is a firm believer in total quality management.
7. The firm soon achieved complete dominance in the marketplace.
8. Most employees of the firm are from the north.
9. The car-hire firm is their latest business venture.
10. Freeze it only until firm but not rock solid.
11. Always choose firm, but ripe fruit.
12. No human can repel a firm hope.
13. The firm reinstated the man who was wrongly dismissed.
14. The firm has defaulted on a debt.
15. A relatively firm material can be anticipated.
16. He is representative of a big firm.
17. He had a firm,(Sentencedict.com ) square jaw.
18. The ma-chine helps to firm the ground up.
19. The firm openly traded in arms.
20. Our firm is no longer competitive in world markets.
21. The firm is looking for larger premises.
22. We have dealt with that firm for many years.
23. She set up her own software firm.
24. The company has adopted a firm policy on shoplifting.
25. He took a lowly job in an insurance firm.
26. You must always build on firm ground.
27. This glue makes a good firm bond.
28. The runner has firm muscles.
29. The firm excels at producing cheap transistor radios.
30. A bidding war for the textile firm erupted.
More similar words: firmly, confirm, chairman, first, on fire, fire up, at first, catch fire, first of all, set fire to, first prize, at first sight, the first person, first and foremost, in the first place.