Antonym: confederate. Similar words: overall, after all, funeral, liberal, mineral, several, literally, in general. Meaning: ['fedərəl] n. 1. a member of the Union Army during the American Civil War 2. any federal law-enforcement officer. adj. 1. national; especially in reference to the government of the United States as distinct from that of its member units 2. of or relating to the central government of a federation 3. being of or having to do with the northern United States and those loyal to the Union during the American Civil War 4. characterized by or constituting a form of government in which power is divided between one central and several regional authorities.
Random good picture Not show
1. The Trans-Canada highway is a federal responsibility.
2. Federal leaders continued their efforts to secure a ceasefire.
3. They were charged with violating federal law.
4. Switzerland is a federal republic.
5. In 1970, a federal agency was created to coordinate governmental action to protect environment.
6. They're ready to cut the federal budget deficit for the next fiscal year.
7. The federal government has devolved responsibility for welfare to the states.
8. He assigned federal agents to listen in on Martin Luther King's phone calls.
9. Under federal law, it is illegal to discriminate against minorities and women.
10. 100,000 federal workers will be laid off to reduce the deficit.
11. Pollution is legally controlled and enforced through various federal and state laws.
12. The federal government promulgated the Clean Water Act and the Clean Air Act.
13. 280(sentencedict.com),000 federal workers have been furloughed.
14. They are proscribed by federal law from owning guns.
15. Managers deliberately obscured the real situation from federal investigators.
16. The schools are screaming for federal aid.
17. The federal government apportioned money among the states.
18. Sullivan expressed sympathy for the striking federal workers.
19. Federal law protects workers who are disabled.
20. Federal agents busted several money-exchange businesses.
21. Federal regulators have been bearing down on campaign contributors.
22. The federal government tried to control rising health-care costs.
23. A federal marshal was killed in a shoot-out.
24. Refugees had come under attack from federal troops.sentencedict.com/federal.html
25. These rights are established in the federal constitution.
26. The federal party was resoundingly defeated.
27. Environmental impact reports are required under many circumstances by federal and state law.
28. Five of the six provinces are to become autonomous regions in a new federal system of government.
29. New York City announced a 10-point policy patterned on the federal bill of rights for taxpayers.
30. The fund has been used largely to finance the construction of federal prisons.
More similar words: overall, after all, funeral, liberal, mineral, several, literally, in general, moderate, the general public, considerably, considerable, consideration, engulfed, concede, unprecedented, the death penalty, oral, rally, rural, neutral, enthrall, central, cultural, naturally, paralysis, demoralize, behavioral, structural, naturalist.