Synonym: base, substructure. Similar words: structure, structural, instruct, construct, instructor, destruction, instruction, constructing. Meaning: [ˈɪnfrəstrʌktʃə] n. 1. the basic structure or features of a system or organization 2. the stock of basic facilities and capital equipment needed for the functioning of a country or area.
Random good picture Not show
1. Vast sums are needed to maintain the infrastructure.
2. The country's infrastructure is crumbling because of inadequate investment.
3. The war has badly damaged the country's infrastructure.
4. Some countries lack a suitable economic infrastructure.
5. Japanese proprietors are erecting a complex infrastructure of political influence throughout America.
6. It is a long-term task to rebuild the infrastructure of a war-torn country such as Angola.
7. Much of the state-owned industrial infrastructure is beyond repair.
8. It will also help to improve the general infrastructure.
9. These funds support infrastructure projects and training courses.
10. Infrastructure for planning, budgeting(sentencedict.com), and oversight was needed.
11. Recently money has been thrown at physical infrastructure.
12. Do major infrastructure investments count as current expenditures?
13. Privatization could hold the key to upgrading the infrastructure.
14. John Lowry reports on Britain's second-biggest infrastructure project.
15. This will produce an infrastructure without contradiction and conflict.
16. Investment in infrastructure will be much more decentralized.
17. Deficiencies in the local infrastructure were assumed to be the principal cause of community distress.
18. A major change in the infrastructure will therefore produce a corresponding change in the superstructure.
19. So, some aspects of the technical infrastructure for electronic commerce are already in place.
20. Global information distribution networks represent the infrastructure crisscrossing countries and continents.
21. Many others provide the basic infrastructure on which towns and industries depend.
22. Schools and other infrastructure had been destroyed and society disrupted during the armed struggle.
23. I know that he appreciates the importance of infrastructure improvements to stimulate and encourage inward investment.
24. He also undertook to earmark $ 235 billion in government expenditure on infrastructure projects within five years.
25. The industry was accused of having invested little in workers, plant or infrastructure.
26. Although South Africa has many of the attributes of the first world-some good infrastructure, millions of rich people-it is still not part of that world.
27. A small modern city on the move, I thought, with all the necessary infrastructure.
28. They have developed accounting methods that force politicians to maintain the programs and infrastructure they build.
29. The Commission was attempting by these measures to reduce the past bias towards spending on large infrastructure projects favoured by national governments.
30. This in itself raises issues of how the information infrastructure can best serve two models at once.
More similar words: structure, structural, instruct, construct, instructor, destruction, instruction, constructing, construction, instructional, picture, lecture, in future, architecture, manufacturer, in front of, truck, contrast, contrast to, by contrast, manufacturing, capture, venture, feature, mixture, texture, culture, gesture, struggle for, instrument.