Synonym: bilingualist. Similar words: multilingual, lingua franca, linguist, linguistic, linguistics, ailing, wailing, ceiling. Meaning: [baɪ'lɪŋgwəl] n. a person who speaks two languages fluently. adj. using or knowing two languages.
Random good picture Not show
1. The report proposed bilingual education in schools.
2. He is virtually bilingual in Spanish and Portuguese.
3. Many parents oppose bilingual education in schools.
4. She is bilingual in English and Punjabi.
5. Their kids are completely bilingual.
6. He is bilingual in an Asian language and English.
7. The opposite approach is to use a bilingual dictionary.
8. Louis is virtually bilingual in Dutch and German.
9. She works as a bilingual secretary for an insurance company.
10. I'm bilingual - my mother was French.
11. Several local agencies are planning to hire bilingual staff.
12. A bilingual poster advertising motor cars for private hire.
13. This is a completely bilingual city.
14. About 80 percent of the school's students are bilingual.
15. Equally disenchanted with bilingual education is Agustin Mendoza, a father of two who works as a baker in Oakland.
16. Wortham hopes the service will eventually become bilingual, because many workers who die on the job are Hispanic.
16. Sentencedict.com try its best to collect and create good sentences.
17. The distribution of bilingual children varies widely across the country, but the total numbers and diversity are certainly significant.
18. Where bilingual ballots do fill a need is in the initiatives such as bond issues, charter amendments and the like.
19. Beneath the window is a bilingual rubbish bin with a spelling mistake.
20. Jilly Curry uses her bilingual secretarial skills in London and Simon Baynes combines freelance photography with working as a telephone engineer.
21. They plan to use bilingual material, phone drives and town hall meetings.
22. The numbers of the bilingual service providers which are already mentioned are growing slowly.
23. Many subject specialists have voiced concern about teaching bilingual students.
24. I have learned that there are no special practices or techniques we must learn in order to teach mathematics to our bilingual children.
25. Conversion I have already mentioned the need for systematic training of bilingual service providers.
26. Teachers need to be alive to cultural differences which may particularly affect bilingual pupils' handling of literature.
27. The University of Manchester is embarking upon an initial course which will qualify bilingual teachers for the primary phase.
28. If this measure could indeed alienate Latinos, why do several recent polls show overwhelming support from Latinos for dismantling bilingual education?
29. Work eligible for grant aid includes environmental improvements, landscaping, additional facilities and bilingual signs.
30. Must have a good understanding of the ethnography of speaking in the bilingual context, particularly that of interpreted interviews.
More similar words: multilingual, lingua franca, linguist, linguistic, linguistics, ailing, wailing, ceiling, failing, beguiling, boiling water, racial profiling, on guard, vanguard, language, ability, bilious, viability, mobility, stabilize, inability, stability, liability, mudslinging, durability, immobility, capability, solubility, debilitate, affability.