Synonym: agile, expeditious, fast, fleet, hasty, nimble, quick, rapid, speedy. Antonym: slow. Similar words: wife, wifi, swing, swill, lift, gift, switch, fifty. Meaning: [swɪft] n. 1. United States meat-packer who began the use of refrigerated railroad cars (1839-1903) 2. an English satirist born in Ireland (1667-1745) 3. a small bird that resembles a swallow and is noted for its rapid flight 4. common western lizard; seen on logs or rocks. adj. moving very fast.
Random good picture Not show
3. Mischief has swift wings.
5. The White House was swift to deny the rumours.
6. She is swift to anger.
7. A swift clap of thunder woke me.
8. The local police took swift action against the squatters.
9. My letter received a swift reply.
10. Life is short and time is swift.
11. He rose to his feet in one swift movement.
12. This problem calls for swift/prompt action from the government.
13. I noticed a swift change of expression in his face.
14. Swift was born in 1667.
15. He is swift to hear, but slow to speak.
16. She wiped her tears away in one swift movement.
17. With a swift movement,(sentencedict.com) Matthew Jerrold sat upright.
18. He gave them a swift glance.
19. He made a remarkably swift recovery.
20. A swift change is longed for, but unlikely.
21. He is as swift of foot as a hare.
22. She shot a swift glance at Paul.
23. The government took swift action.
24. His swift rise to the national team surprised everyone.
25. They were swift to deny the accusations.
26. Jaegers are swift black birds with long forked tails.
27. The police were swift to act.
28. Our task is to challenge the UN to make a swift decision.
29. Every sound was muffled, every noise changed to something soft and musical. No more tramping hoofs, no more rattling wheels! Only the chiming of the sleigh-bells,[Sentencedict.com ] beating as swift and merrily as the hearts of children.
30. The decision to escalate UN involvement has been taken in the hopes of a swift end to the hostilities.
More similar words: wife, wifi, swing, swill, lift, gift, switch, fifty, fifth, shift, drift, swindle, thrift, gifted, swimming, switch on, switch off, fifteen, gift shop, makeshift, in full swing, shoplifting, come to terms with, make friends with.