Synonym: desire, fancy, lack, like, long for, need, require, plenty. Similar words: wanna, wander, now and then, wanderlust, can't, pant, giant, grant. Meaning: [wɑnt /wɒnt] n. 1. a state of extreme poverty 2. the state of needing something that is absent or unavailable 3. anything that is necessary but lacking 4. a specific feeling of desire. v. 1. feel or have a desire for; want strongly 2. have need of 3. wish or demand the presence of 4. hunt or look for; want for a particular reason 5. be without, lack; be deficient in.
Random good picture Not show
8. Wilful waste makes woeful want.
10. Sentencedict.com try its best to collect and create good sentences.
12. If you want a thing done well, do it yourself. Napoleon Bonaparte
19. Wherever in the world a people knows desperate want, there must appear at least the spark of hope, the hope of progress--or there will surely rise at last the flames of conflict.
23. For want of a nail the shoe was lost; for want of a shoe the horse was lost; and for want of a horse the man was lost.
24. If you want your children to keep their feet on the ground, put some responsibility on their shouldres.
25. Politeness is not always the sign of wisdom, but the want of it always leaves room for the suspicion of folly.
27. We need enemies to help define ourselves and our lives; they help us to know who we are not or who we do not want to be.
28. Poverty is an abnormality to rich people. It is very difficult to make out why people who want dinner do not ring the bell.
29. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for circumstances they want, and if they cannot find them, make them.
More similar words: wanna, wander, now and then, wanderlust, can't, pant, giant, grant, plant, infant, peasant, instant, distant, fantasy, elegant, meantime, elephant, jubilant, quantity, merchant, dominant, constant, pregnant, pedantic, relevant, romantic, advantage, important, immigrant, fantastic.