Synonym: Department of the Treasury, First Lord of the Treasury, Treasury, Treasury Department, United States Treasury, exchequer. Similar words: treasure, treasurer, measure, measured, pleasure, measure up, measure out, measurement. Meaning: ['treʒərɪ] n. 1. the funds of a government or institution or individual 2. the government department responsible for collecting and managing and spending public revenues 3. the British cabinet minister responsible for economic strategy 4. the federal department that collects revenue and administers federal finances; the Treasury Department was created in 1789 5. a depository (a room or building) where wealth and precious objects can be kept safely.
Random good picture Not show
(1) The Treasury borrowed ￡40 billion, just to stay afloat.
(2) The Treasury has decided to raise interest rates as a pre-emptive measure against inflation.
(3) America's treasury secretary identified the most heavily indebted countries.
(4) The treasurer diverted funds from the factory's treasury.
(5) The Treasury was opposed in principle to the proposals.
(6) He diverted funds from the company's treasury.
(7) It's the Treasury that effectively holds the reins.
(8) In addition[sentencedict .com], interest on Treasury issues isn'tsubject to state and local income taxes.
(9) There was a note of caution for the Treasury in the figures.
(10) The Treasury Department plans to remove older coins from circulation and replace them with new ones.
(11) The insurance company will take warehouse stocks or treasury bonds as surety.
(12) The Treasury has still not decided where the cuts will fall.
(13) The Treasury Secretary has stuck to his mantra that 'a strong dollar is in America's interest'.
(14) Among the speakers at the gathering was Treasury Secretary Nicholas Brady.
(15) The Treasury is the part of the government which collects and pays out the government money.
(16) The Treasury has now agreed to ring-fence the money to ensure that it goes directly towards helping elderly people.
(17) Two-and five-year Treasury notes are issued monthly.
(18) The Treasury had run up a huge deficit.
(19) As usual, the Treasury misses the point entirely.
(20) No department can spend money without Treasury approval.
(21) The Treasury publishes technical guidance on investment appraisal.
(22) Not so, the Treasury still insists.
(23) Falling Treasury bond yields also boosted stocks.
(24) The paramount duty of Congress is to stop deficiencies by the restoration of that protective legislation which has always been the firmst prop of the Treasury.
(25) Theoretically he had control over more than $400 million in US accounts. But, in fact, it was the US Treasury and State Department who controlled those accounts.
(26) The government is trying to whitewash the incompetence of the Treasury officials.
(27) She faces charges of helping to plunder her country's treasury of billions of dollars.
(28) The project cannot go ahead without the imprimatur of the Treasury.
(29) The authorities believe there is a mole at the Treasury.
(30) The President has made Lloyd Bentsen his Secretary of the Treasury.
More similar words: treasure, treasurer, measure, measured, pleasure, measure up, measure out, measurement, measure up to, take pleasure in, treason, reassuring, reassuringly, usury, embrasure, treat, tread, stream, treaty, streak, breast, whereas, reason, surreal, get ready, retreat, entreat, outreach, increase, abreast.