Synonym: calculated, careful, deliberate, metric, metrical. Similar words: measure up, measurement, measure up to, sure, the same as, ensure, assure, for sure. Meaning: ['meʒə(r)d] adj. 1. determined by measurement 2. the rhythmic arrangement of syllables 3. carefully thought out in advance 4. with care and dignity.
Random good picture Not show
3. The virtue of a man ought to be measured not by his extraordinary exertions, but by his everyday conduct.
4. Temperature can be measured precisely.
5. The rainfall was measured over a three-month period.
6. The salesman measured off two metres of the wood.
7. We measured the dimensions of the kitchen.
8. In the US, distance is measured in miles.
9. He's gone to be measured for a new suit.
10. They measured and lofted the remainder of the crop.
11. This medicine must be measured out exactly.
12. A ship's speed is measured in knots.
13. The men spoke in soft, measured tones.
14. The size of your success is measured by the strength of your desire, the size of your dream, and how you handle disappointment along the way.
15. Terrestrial longitude is measured in degrees east or west of the Greenwich meridian.
16. He measured the coat against mine and found it was too long.
17. AND ALWAYS REMEMBER: Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
18. The size of a man may be measured by the size of the things that make him angry.
19. The boat measured fifteen feet in length and four feet in breadth.
20. The pharmacist carefully measured out a dose of herbal medicine and told me how to brew it.
21. We measured the length and width of the living room.
22. Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take breath away.
23. The real wage is measured along the horizontal axis and the quantity of labour is measured along the vertical axis.
24. He spoke in measured words.
25. She's being measured for her wedding outfit.
26. The earthquakes measured 7 on the Richter scale.
27. He measured off three yards of rope.
28. The amount of blood in the faeces was measured.sentencedict.com
29. A friend is a gift, whose worth cannot be measured except by heart.
30. I have to go to the shop to be measured up for my suit.
More similar words: measure up, measurement, measure up to, sure, the same as, ensure, assure, for sure, leisure, exposure, make sure, casual, as usual, casualty, all of a sudden, mean, come at, come about, meantime, red, by no means, by any means, by all means, come across, by means of, meanwhile, survey, absurd, meaningful, easy.