Synonym: hunt, hunt down, run. Similar words: knock down, track, break down, drink down, look down on, rack, crack, trace. Meaning: v. pursue for food or sport (as of wild animals).
Random good picture Not show
(1) She had spent years trying to track down her parents.
(2) Experts are trying to track down the source of the contamination in the water supply.
(3) The police have so far failed to track down the attacker.
(4) He was determined to track down the cause of food spoilage.
(5) He finally managed to track down the book he wanted.
(6) I finally managed to track down the book you wanted in a shop near the station.
(7) It took the police several days to track down their quarry.
(8) We track down his old bosses[sentencedict.com], in nursing homes.
(9) Dan Liszka is a hard man to track down.
(10) It shouldn't be too difficult to track down.
(11) Use community policing, he told his colleagues, and track down the title owners of drug houses.
(12) The police used every available resource to track down the killer.
(13) She is trying to track down a piece of forgotten Toronto history: an effort to confer Protestant sainthood on Father Hobbes.
(14) The police and army worked together to track down the terrorists.
(15) Information is still hard to track down and reaches the classroom level in a fragmented and patchy way.
(16) The bishops hired spies and informers to track down dissenting preachers and bring them to trial.
(17) The FBI was called in to help track down the culprits.
(18) The Duke did all he could to track down the miscreants[Sentence dictionary], using his great wealth to bribe informers.
(19) The man is still helping the police to track down the whereabouts of an undisclosed number of missing objects.
(20) Like Nancy Drew, I track down clues, try to figure things out, look carefully at evidence, examine motives.
(21) I'm trying to track down my old Aunt Maud.
(22) He protested his innocence and promised to help police track down the real murderer.
(23) Car manufacturers stamp a vehicle identification number at several places on new cars to help track down stolen vehicles.
(24) Corbett just grinned over his shoulder and led them out on to the beaten track down to the village of Woodstock.
(25) Family and friends alike are hoping the police investigation can soon track down her husbands's killer.
(26) They would eventually learn to recognize such syndromes in families, track down the faulty genes and devise interventions.
(27) Voice over Police are now using DNA testing, or genetic fingerprinting in an attempt to track down the rapist.
(28) Qin Shihuang devoted considerable resources and effort in trying to track down this miracle plant for his own use.
(29) All these problems seem to have made the criminal personality difficult to track down.
(30) The police did everything they could to try and track down the culprit, but he was never caught.
More similar words: knock down, track, break down, drink down, look down on, rack, crack, trace, attract, contract, abstract, distract, attractive, attraction, contractor, down, racial, racism, downs, miracle, embrace, sack, pack, back, widow, get down, go down, accuracy, interact, practice.