Synonym: passing, runaway, temporary, transient. Similar words: punitive, positive, cognitive, sensitive, primitive, competitive, positively, initiative. Meaning: ['fjuːdʒɪtɪv] n. 1. someone who flees from an uncongenial situation 2. someone who is sought by law officers; someone trying to elude justice. adj. lasting for a markedly brief time.
Random good picture Not show
1) The fugitive had spent five weeks in hiding.
2) The posse beat the countryside for the fugitive.
3) The police were able to deduce where the fugitive was hiding.
4) The fugitive is believed to be headed for the Canadian border.
5) This makes the meaning of Mynd even more fugitive.
6) The fugitive leader was captured last night.
7) They shared a fugitive embrace.
8) Porter escaped in 1995 and remains a fugitive.
9) Further, the Fugitive Slave Act specifically provided for the rendition of runaways in the northwestern and southwestern territories.
10) More than 100 fugitive paedophiles are believed to be hiding in London.
11) But it is fugitive and becomes absorbed into the infinite like vapour.
12) Fugitive slaves continued to seek asylum in Florida, even after the First Seminole War.
13) Maze fugitive Jim Smyth, 38, was released in San Francisco after being held for passport offences.
14) As the story goes,[http://sentencedict.com/fugitive.html] Pigneau hid the fugitive prince and became his adviser.
15) The fugitive slave problem on the southeastern frontier dated back to the colonial period.
16) Why is the fugitive slave, the fiery orator, the political activist, the abolitionist always represented as a black man?
17) The Fugitive Slave Act of 1850 generated a w ve of violence inundating those who persisted in helping slaves to gain freedom.
18) In effect, a national bounty was promised for the capture of fugitive blacks.
19) Clinton limited his speech to development and relief issues, ignoring the controversy surrounding his pardon of fugitive financier Marc Rich.
20) The last two were arrested in 1995, but Garza escaped and remains a fugitive.
21) This is the Old South that featured everyone's favorite character, the fugitive from a chain gang.
22) Why construct a hero so multiple, so spread out, so fugitive?
23) Some opposition arose over the proposal to make the governor of the state responsible for insuring the return of fugitive slaves.
24) We were catching a bus-one in an endless series in my fugitive childhood.
25) Swinging his power sword and shouting to guardsmen, the Inquisitor pounded after the fugitive alien.
26) To the innocent listener the form must be imperceptible, and bewildering in its lightning succession of perpetually fugitive events.
27) Also, Jerry and John had a lot of canceled checks made out to cash while their brother was a fugitive.
28) He'd even questioned some of the older members of the Lucy Ghosts in private to help trace the fugitive.
29) And while I would never steal or sell my first born to support my habit, I had already become a fugitive.
30) All are under federal indictment, including Ramos, who like the rest, is a federal fugitive.
More similar words: punitive, positive, cognitive, sensitive, primitive, competitive, positively, initiative, definitive, inquisitive, legitimacy, legitimate, illegitimate, illegitimacy, votive, native, active, motive, sensitivity, furtive, adaptive, negative, creative, abortive, deductive, relative, actively, incentive, superlative, addictive.