Synonym: issue, plot, point, problem, question, subject, text, theme. Similar words: go to pieces, tropical, atop, stop, stop by, non-stop, on top of, developing. Meaning: ['tɑpɪk /'tɒp-] n. 1. the subject matter of a conversation or discussion 2. some situation or event that is thought about.
Random good picture Not show
1. This is a good topic for your composition.
2. Sex is considered taboo as a topic for discussion.
3. The environment is a popular topic these days.
4. The topic of addiction remains something of a taboo.sentencedict.com
5. His remarks didn't relate to the topic under discussion.
6. This topic requires a lot of deep thinking.
7. Let's switch to some other topic.
8. When I taught, I would assign a topic to children which they would write about.
9. The topic is taboo.
10. My girl friend discoursed on a topic she had grown greatly interested in.
11. I have discussed this topic in some detail.
12. The topic for tonight's discussion is ...
13. Our teaching is based largely on topic work.
14. We'd better keep off the sensitive topic.
15. He chose an uncontroversial topic for his speech.
16. The topic arose naturally in the conversation.
17. Sex was always a forbidden topic.
18. Lieberman explores this sensitive topic with compassion.
19. He returns to this topic later in the report.
20. The topic must be opened up for general discussion.
21. Our discussion turned aside from the main topic later.
22. He spoke with authority on the topic.
23. The conversation drifted from on topic to another.
24. He discoursed on an interesting topic.
25. The book jumps from one topic to another.
26. Please confine your comments to the topic in hand.
27. This topic generates a lot of heat.
28. Before dealing with specific cases, she spoke on the broad topic of "discipline".
29. We devoted a lengthy and full discussion to this topic.
30. In addition to the 81 positive comments, 26 students had neutral, mixed, negative or off topic views.