Synonym: characterize, describe, illustrate, picture, portray, represent. Similar words: picture, episode, decrepit, epidemic, keep in mind, keep in touch, pick, depart. Meaning: [dɪ'pɪkt] v. 1. show in, or as in, a picture 2. give a description of 3. make a portrait of.
Random good picture Not show
1. Although we still depict nostalgic snow scenes on Christmas cards, winters are now very much warmer.
2. Her paintings depict the lives of ordinary people in the last century.
3. The media depict him as a left-wing bogeyman.
4. The advertisements depict smoking as glamorous and attractive.
4. Sentencedict.com is a online sentence dictionary, on which you can find nice sentences for a large number of words.
5. The rock drawings depict a variety of stylized human, bird and mythological figures and patterns.
6. He was the first artist to depict the Highland landscape without sentimentality.
7. In the film, he is able to depict the sense of otherness and alienation that many teenagers feel.
8. Children's books often depict farmyard animals as gentle, lovable creatures.
9. Some nationalists would like to depict the British monarchy as a purely English institution.
10. These four basic styles depict essentially different leadership styles.
11. The museum does depict Stalin unsympathetically.
12. What then did the figurative artists depict?
13. Both pictures depict a glass vase set on a stone plinth with variegated tulips, daffodils, irises and other flowers.
14. Roehler's direction, and Hagen Bogdanski's black-and-white cinematography depict the nightmarish, ruined landscape of Hanna's hopes.
15. Both masters and men moreover chose to depict women as wilful and capricious.
16. Shields carried by Middenheim troops often depict the wolf in some guise or other.
17. The transcripts depict Davis weeping with remorse at several points during the confession.
18. Unlike many others, Church was not content to depict the Falls from one or two vantage points.
19. Posters continue to fascinate and so often depict one-off, rare or even imaginary aircraft.
20. Intensely painted scenes depict the gruesome martyrdom of countless saints.
21. Balance sheets depict the financial strength of an enterprise at any single point in time.
22. To depict the synergism of those ingredients I use the Venn diagram below.
23. Old photographs displayed depict the Wye Valley line in its heyday.
24. There have been attempts to depict this extraordinary achievement as a form of musical consumerism.
25. His vignettes depict scenes of trapped journalists, straggling soldiers and gruesome battles.
26. You depict rare occurrences - like Westerners paying for foster children to visit their affluent country - as a major problem.
27. I don't care to see plays or films that depict murders or violence.
28. The hawk was sacred to her, and was used to depict her symbolically in art.
29. This is not to say that all history paintings depict nudes.
30. In fact, to a remarkable extent popular media such as the press, films and television do depict deviant women.
More similar words: picture, episode, decrepit, epidemic, keep in mind, keep in touch, pick, depart, deploy, deputy, topic, deposit, pickup, pick out, pick off, pick up, typical, Olympic, departure, depending, dependent, depressed, typically, Olympics, tropical, strict, victim, depart from, depression, suspicion.