makers should not be law breakers.
2. Every law has a loophole.
3. Ignorance of the law
excuses no man.
4. Many lords, many laws; much law
,(sentencedict.com) little justice.
5. What the king wills, that the law
6. Possession is nine points of the law
7. Law is a bottomless pit.
8. Where they saw chance, we see law
9. The law is an ass.
10. Hard cases make bad law.
is order, and good law is good order.
12. Ignorance of the law
excuses no man [one].
can nerver be enforced unless fear supports it.
14. Necessity (or Need) has (or knows) no law
15. The law
is not the same at morning and at night.
16. The law
cannot make all men equal, but they are all equal before the law.
17. The laws of Nature, that is to say the laws of God, plainly made every human being a law
unto himself, we must steadfastly refuse to obey those laws, and we must as steadfastly stand by the conventions which ignore them, since the statutes furnish us peace, fairly good government and stability, and therefore are better for us than the laws of God, which would soon plunge us into confusion and disorder and anarchy if we should adopt them.
18. Custom rules the law.
19. Really, what we want now, is not laws, against crime, but a law
a -gainst insaity.
20. Ignorance of the law
is no excuse of breaking it.
21. One law
for the rich, and another for the poor.
is the crystallizaton of the habit and thought of society.
23. The administration of the law
can never go lax where every individual sees to it that it grows not lax in his own case, or in cases which fall under his eyes.
24. Compliance with the law is expected.
25. The law needs to be reformed.
26. The new law comes into force next month.
27. One of the most striking and salutary thing in Ameican life is the widespread study of law
28. No society can make a perpetual constitution, or even a perpetual law
29. Liberty consists in the power of doing that which is permitted by law
30. Laws grind the poor, and rich men rule the law