Synonym: arrest, block, cease, check, conclude, discontinue, end, halt, prevent, quit, stay, terminate. Antonym: begin. Similar words: non-stop, stop by, atop, topic, on top of, go to pieces, as to, story. Meaning: [stɑp /stɒp] n. 1. the event of something ending 2. the act of stopping something 3. a brief stay in the course of a journey 4. the state of inactivity following an interruption 5. a spot where something halts or pauses 6. a consonant produced by stopping the flow of air at some point and suddenly releasing it 7. a punctuation mark (.) placed at the end of a declarative sentence to indicate a full stop or after abbreviations 8. (music) a knob on an organ that is pulled to change the sound quality from the organ pipes 9. a mechanical device in a camera that controls size of aperture of the lens 10. a restraint that checks the motion of something 11. an obstruction in a pipe or tube. v. 1. come to a halt, stop moving 2. put an end to a state or an activity 3. stop from happening or developing 4. interrupt a trip 5. cause to stop 6. prevent completion 7. hold back, as of a danger or an enemy; check the expansion or influence of 8. seize on its way 9. have an end, in a temporal, spatial, or quantitative sense; either spatial or metaphorical 10. render unsuitable for passage 11. stop and wait, as if awaiting further instructions or developments.
Random good picture Not show
2. The paramount duty of Congress is to stop deficiencies by the restoration of that protective legislation which has always been the firmst prop of the Treasury.
3. You can stop it out of my money.
4. Stop worrying about their marriage-it isn't your problem.
5. She could not stop those balls from rolling round.
6. Stop beefing about the price increase.
7. We must stop him from seeing her somehow.
8. Stop being so silly and immature, Ben!
8. Sentencedict.com try its best to gather and build good sentences.
9. Stop that or you'll get hurt!
10. The express train does not stop at this station.
11. Nothing will stop them in their quest for truth.
12. If you don't stop disturbing,your buttocks would be spanked.
13. Stop messing about and listen to me.
14. Now, let's stop pissing about, shall we?
15. Stop wriggling and let me put your T-shirt on.
16. The blood coagulates to stop wounds bleeding.
17. Kept diaries, not stop what is pen, or memory.
18. Stop larking about and get down to the problem.
19. Stop talking in riddles -say what you mean.
20. Stop dithering and choose which one you want!
21. Stop being a chicken and try the rollercoaster ride!
22. Stop fucking around and give me a hand.
23. Stop teasing her, you little fiend!
24. Please stop making that noise?it's getting annoying.
25. Would you tell me what the next stop is?
26. Tell the boy to stop messing around upstairs.
27. I hoped he would stop asking awkward questions .
28. You are a confounded nuisance. Stop pestering me.
29. Stop whingeing about the situation and accept it.
More similar words: non-stop, stop by, atop, topic, on top of, go to pieces, as to, story, stock, stove, rest on, pistol, history, pastor, custody, historic, storage, restore, customer, thanks to, investor, ancestor, historian, best of all, first of all, consist of, historical, historically, that is to say, at the cost of.