Synonym: class, condition, division, grade, position, rank, standing, state, station. Similar words: statue, statute, state, estate, statement, statistics, statistical, devastating. Meaning: ['stætəs /'steɪtəs] n. 1. the relative position or standing of things or especially persons in a society 2. a state at a particular time.
Random good picture Not show
1. His energy and talent elevate him to godlike status.
2. Tax exemption only applies to those with non-resident status.
3. Some tribes use special facial markings to signify status.
4. The party was denied legal status.
5. These documents have no legal status in Britain.
6. Women have very little status in many countries.
7. Age has status in the villages.
8. I don't really care a fig about status.
9. The relative status of the speakers affects what language is used.
10. The association works to promote the status of retired people as useful members of the community.
11. At 62, Brian found the celebrity and status that had eluded him for so long.
12. Could I ask you about your marital status?
13. As an ambassador, she enjoys a very privileged status.
14. They are campaigning to raise the status of nurses.
15. Ethnicity has a strong influence on community status relations.
16. Don't elevate your superiors to superstar status.
17. A stressful job can actually be a status symbol.
18. Desire for status can be a powerful motivator.
19. Story-telling has acquired the status of an art form.
20. Churches seem to have lost some of their status.
21. The country was granted observer status at the summit.
22. The Home Office has refused him refugee status.
23. Few homeworkers doing piecework in manufacturing enjoy employee status.
24. They have no wish for any change in the status quo.
25. His career has blossomed and that has given him a certain elevated status.
26. How well off you are in old age is largely determined by race, sex,(sentencedict.com) and marital status.
27. There are many people who wish to maintain the status quo.sentencedict.com/status.html
28. If college degrees remain an entree to wealth and status in the 21st century, males may have to get used to the same second-class status that American women so long endured, as highly educated females become the majority among the nation's intellectual, economic, and even power elite.
29. Her resistance to the Nationalists endowed her with legendary status.
30. No good can come of your marrying above your status!
More similar words: statue, statute, state, estate, statement, statistics, statistical, devastating, eat up, feature, naturally, by nature, creature, in nature, signature, naturalist, legislature, get at, not at all, potato, habitat, at a time, dictate, hesitate, limitation, facilitate, invitation, orientation, presentation, confrontation.