Similar words: tariff, midriff, verify, esterification, stiff, cliff, sniff, differ. Meaning: ['ʃerɪf] n. the principal law-enforcement officer in a county.
Random good picture Not show
1) "It's from a notebook," the sheriff said, "And there's writing on it.".
2) He was appointed Sheriff of New York.
3) I will go to the sheriff to law you.
4) She is expected to appear at Dumfries Sheriff Court on Monday.
5) The sheriff rounded up a posse and went after the bank robbers.
6) The sheriff and his men ran the horse thieves out of town.
7) The sheriff slept with his gun ready to hand under his pillow.
8) The sheriff has said he was in great agitation.
9) He was high sheriff of Essex,[http://sentencedict.com/sheriff.html] 1941-2.
10) A sheriff who is dumb is a rarity.
11) He was high sheriff of the county in 1838-9.
12) The sheriff was unconcerned about their whereabouts.
13) The sheriff had pictures of Benny.
14) Especially Harry, we call him the sheriff.
15) The county sheriff was due to get here soon.
16) Rose said the staffing level proposed by the sheriff would put 64 deputies on site with only 140 inmates.
17) When the bones of Sheriff Wade are discovered, Sam becomes obsessed with learning if his father was the killer.
18) Sheriff Andrew Bell adjourned the trial, which is expected to last for two to three weeks, until tomorrow.
19) He became high sheriff of the County Palatine in 1885 and constable of Lancaster Castle in 1921.
20) So he had to call the sheriff on his cell phone.
21) Sheriff Laura Duncan called for background reports and adjourned the case for three weeks.
22) In most of Texas's rural counties the sheriff would have congratulated Martin on his marksmanship.
23) The sheriff demanded to know how the solicitor had got hold of a confidential social inquiry report.
24) Seven cases were dismissed for various reasons at the civil hearing held before Sheriff Alexander Jessop.
25) "It's the damnedest case I've ever seen," said the sheriff.
26) Nevada high school football hero kills nerdy classmate, only to have his abusive sheriff father try to cover it up.
27) In 1267-8 he held the rather more responsible local post of sheriff of the twin counties of Shropshire and Staffordshire.
28) In any case it is the role of the Reporter to present the evidence and argue the case before the Sheriff.
29) A police spokesman said the two would appear at Dundee Sheriff Court today.
30) Roache and Kolender dismiss Ruff as a well-spoken and nice man who lacks the management experience to be sheriff.