Synonym: comparison, percentage, proportion. Similar words: operation, migration, separation, AND operation, reparation, immigration, exploration, integration. Meaning: ['reɪʃəʊ /-ʃɪəʊ] n. the relative magnitudes of two quantities (usually expressed as a quotient).
Random good picture Not show
1. They have a high ratio of imports to exports.
2. The ratio of men to women was two to one.
3. Longitudinal are easily satisfied, cross ratio is easy to be lost; meet the person is easy to come to a standstill,(Sentencedict.com ) the lost is easy to choose to rise.
4. The adult to child ratio is 1 to 6.
5. The hospital is trying to improve its staff/patient ratio.
6. The ratio of nursing staff to doctors is 2:1.
7. The school has a very high teacher-student ratio.
8. Their sales rose in direct ratio to the amount they spent on advertising.
9. The ratio of men to women at the conference was ten to one/10:1.
10. The ratio of pupils to teachers was 30 to 1.
11. The ratio of applications to available places currently stands at 100:1.
12. Men outnumber women here in the ratio of three to one.
13. We mixed the oil and water in a ratio of one to five.
14. An increasing ratio of mistakes, perhaps induced by tiredness, crept into her game.
15. Compute the ratio of the object's height to its weight.
16. What is the ratio of men to women in the department?
17. Holmes calculated a ratio of approximately 2.4:1.
18. Not the usual patient-to-physician ratio, even hereabouts.
19. This ratio was 0.78 in the high grade group.
20. What is the ratio of dependent to independent clauses?
21. The hydrogen-to-carbon atom ratio is perhaps a better index.
22. Perinatal mortality is measured by the perinatal mortality ratio.
23. Its price-earnings ratio is a hefty 82. 4.
24. Today that ratio as plunged to only 2-1.
25. The bond-dependency ratio peaked this fiscal year, he said.
26. I was over budget for my expense ratio....
27. It is the inverse of the liquidity ratio. 4.
28. Most firms appear to have a target payout ratio of dividends to long-run reported earnings.
29. Unfortunately, for bankers assessing country risk, this ratio has two major deficiencies.
30. It helped validate that parental leave was for both men and women and helped change the ratio of use.
More similar words: operation, migration, separation, AND operation, reparation, immigration, exploration, integration, frustration, corporation, celebration, collaboration, consideration, generation gap, demonstration, concentration, administration, rating, gratify, operating, narrative, cooperative, democratic, concentrating, nation, administrative, location, zonation, donation, formation.