Synonym: annoy, bait, bawl out, bedevil, berate, bother, call down, call on the carpet, chafe, chew out, chew up, chide, cod, crucify, devil, dress down, dun, frustrate, get at, get to, gravel, have words, irritate, jaw, lambast, lambaste, lecture, nark, nettle, rag week, ragtime, rally, razz, rebuke, remonstrate, reprimand, reproof, ride, rile, scold, sheet, shred, tabloid, tag, tag end, take to task, tantalise, tantalize, tatter, taunt, tease, torment, trounce, twit, vex. Similar words: rage, drag, drag in, tragic, drag on, for ages, garage, storage. Meaning: [ræg] n. 1. a small piece of cloth or paper 2. a week at British universities during which side-shows and processions of floats are organized to raise money for charities 3. music with a syncopated melody (usually for the piano) 4. newspaper with half-size pages 5. a boisterous practical joke (especially by college students). v. 1. treat cruelly 2. cause annoyance in; disturb, especially by minor irritations 3. play in ragtime 4. harass with persistent criticism or carping 5. censure severely or angrily 6. break into lumps before sorting.
Random good picture Not show
1. He wiped his boots dry with an old rag.
2. He held the dirty rag at arm's length .
3. He was wiping his hands on an oily rag.
4. Use a rag soaked in linseed oil.
5. Use a piece of old rag.
6. He cleaned the car with a rag.
7. I wiped the window with a damp rag.
8. I use an oily rag to clean my bike with.
9. The rag trade is extremely competitive(sentencedict.com), and one needs plenty of contacts in order to survive.
10. I don't like the local rag.
11. He had his picture taken for some local rag.
12. Instead of a handkerchief he had an old rag.
13. He wrapped a clean rag around his ankle.
14. The gun was wrapped in a dirty rag.
15. She washed the floor with a rag.
16. He wiped his hands on an oily rag.
17. I read it in the local rag.
18. I cleaned the board with an old rag.
19. She twisted a rag round my hand.
20. He writes for the local rag .
21. We hid her clothes for a rag.
22. Her remarks were like a red rag to a bull : he was furious with her.
23. "This man Tom works for a local rag,[Sentencedict.com]" he said.
24. The multicoloured rag rug was chosen to liven up the grey carpet.
25. This sort of information is like a red rag to a bull for the tobacco companies.
26. Shaking her like a rag doll, Janine began to shout.
27. He glared at me like a bull at a red rag.
28. He plugged the hole in the pipe with an old rag.
29. Just mentioning his ex-wife's name was like a red rag to a bull.
30. Don't tell him you're a vegetarian - it's like a red rag to a bull.
More similar words: rage, drag, drag in, tragic, drag on, for ages, garage, storage, paragon, fragile, fragment, coverage, encourage, courageous, discourage, on average, pragmatic, discouraged, encouraging, all over again.